Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Shop Manual for a 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 08:27 PM
DrawDown
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Shop Manual for a 2011?

I got a chrome low profile console for xmas from the ol lady and got to putting it on a second ago and found that Harley changed the plug to the indicator lights. They changed the damn things for the switch wiring harness too (found that out doing my apes). Anyways, im still going to run the low profile console, but need to know the wiring schematics for the indicator lights on the 2011 so i can cut my plug off and solder it on the low pro consoles indicator lights. The old one is self explanatory since it has the wire going to the specific light, but the 2011 is all routed to one spot on an led board. If I need to, ill go fork out the change for a book or just use a test light to figure it out, but figured id ask if a brotha on the forum could help. Just need to know what color goes to left signal, high beam, neutral, check engine, and right signal. Thanks

Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM
DrawDown
Road Master

anyone?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Kronin
Advanced

I ordered mine from the dealer on Monday. Should be here in about a week. If you're still needing to know then, I'll help you out.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

Originally Posted by Kronin
I ordered mine from the dealer on Monday. Should be here in about a week. If you're still needing to know then, I'll help you out.
Im still waiting on another wiring harness extension from Namz for my bars (since they switched those in 2011 too) so I cant use the test light method until that gets here and i can plug the switches back in. They said it wont ship until probably Friday so your book will probably beat it. If you dont mind helping me with the color/function when you get the book, ill owe ya one brotha. Thanks

Old 12-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

I would help you out but I have a 2010 Book .I also added a lo pro fuel console to my 2010 Deluxe. I didnt know they changed any thing.Is this the one you are talking about?

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a Shop Manual for a 2011?-dsc01496.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:20 PM
chiefe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember the new 2011's use HDLAN to generate digital message vs make circuit connections. The plugs are different because the wiring just isn't the same. HDLAN is data network linking using CAN 1 protocol. Here is a link to the 2011 changes. I'm not saying it can't be done simply be aware wiring is different.

Cheers!

http://www.wec-online.de/daten/2011_Models.pdf

Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

Originally Posted by Malingerer
I would help you out but I have a 2010 Book .I also added a lo pro fuel console to my 2010 Deluxe. I didnt know they changed any thing.Is this the one you are talking about?
That be the one, in 2011 they changed most of the wiring and plugs on the bike and im guessing went digital on a lot of things.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

Originally Posted by chiefe
Remember the new 2011's use HDLAN to generate digital message vs make circuit connections. The plugs are different because the wiring just isn't the same. HDLAN is data network linking using CAN 1 protocol. Here is a link to the 2011 changes. I'm not saying it can't be done simply be aware wiring is different.

Cheers!

http://www.wec-online.de/daten/2011_Models.pdf
A good read but it didnt have the wiring diagram listing the colors. Im starting to wonder with the 2011's being digital if itll work. Worse case either;

1. I run it without the lights, BUT the only thing I can see me missing is the neutral indicator and oil pressure indicator lights. OR

2. Trade it/Sell it and buy the chrome console HD puts out that uses the original equipment warning lights from the stock console.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

CAN Bus stuff is great for Engineers and Techno Geeks but it'll really play with your mind otherwise.
With the IPC on the CAN circuit you will almost certainly have to get an IPC that is made specifically for your bike. By removing the IPC, you may even, and in all probability will create problems for the ECU. Disconnecting the CAN Bus will definitely cause the ECU to throw all kinds of Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Essentially the ECU will be saying; "Huh? . . . Hey, where'd my right ear, left eye and my knee caps go?" If the ECU changes it's programing to a default program because of a CAN Bus Code . . . then Holly Electronic H*** will break out. Some problems will show up immediately and others may take a bit of time to appear.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Kronin
Advanced

Here's the wiring schematic from the 2011 softail service manual (except for FXCWC)