Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD sissy bar assembly for Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 06:13 AM
The Hedgehog
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can also buy the one piece sissy bar for the fatboy and stretch it

Old 06-07-2014, 08:17 PM
mjlevi
Intermediate

I have all the detachable equipment as well.. including the sundowner pillion.. however the issue for my girlfriend with a big butt.. is there is not enough fore and aft room between me and the sissy bar.. so its a tight fit for both of us.. I may just fabricate a sissy bar that extends more to the rear and matches the same rake as the front forks...

Old 06-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Msmall
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ginz choppers can make whatever you want. Mine should be here next week.

In my opinion a sissy bar should be taller than it is wide. The short hd one just doesn't look right to me.

Originally Posted by mjlevi
I have all the detachable equipment as well.. including the sundowner pillion.. however the issue for my girlfriend with a big butt.. is there is not enough fore and aft room between me and the sissy bar.. so its a tight fit for both of us.. I may just fabricate a sissy bar that extends more to the rear and matches the same rake as the front forks...

Old 06-07-2014, 09:30 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Msmall

In my opinion a sissy bar should be taller than it is wide. The short hd one just doesn't look right to me.
I feel the exact opposite! I dislike the appearance of a tall sissy bar, and when I saw the short height of the Breakout one from Harley, I bought it right away!

For me, "long and low" is the dominant theme on a Breakout, and a high sissy bar just doesn't fit that theme.

Jim G

Old 12-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Luther Immler
Stage I
Default Detachable backrest for HD Breakout

Where can I get one of these short detachable passenger backrest for a Breakout? Do you have a part #?

Old 12-01-2014, 06:32 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Luther Immler
Where can I get one of these short detachable passenger backrest for a Breakout? Do you have a part #?
If you mean the HD sissybar, you need to buy 3 items total:

- The sissy bar
- The side plates
- The mounting hardware kit

I don't have the part numbers in front of me, but just go to the HD website, go to bike parts, use the motorcycle = Breakout filter, and all 3 items will be evident.

You'll have a choice of fixed side plates or adjustable side plates. The adjust able sidplates are much more costly, but allow you to change the angle of the sissybar within a modest range. This is very valuable if you want to use the sissybar to fasten luggage bags onto.

The whole setup is a little expensive in total, but man I have been very pleased with mine, and everyone who's res it thinks it really looks like "it fits".

Jim G

Old 02-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Ratsterd
Stage I
Default Sissy bar for Breakout. I am ordering part # 52540-09A Low Rd Mini Medallion

You will need The following parts. 52540-09A Low Round Mini Medallion sissy bar, # 52300239 Docking Hardware Kit, # 53810-00B Detachable sideplate and then you can choose a back pad. I chose # 52300336.
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
If you mean the HD sissybar, you need to buy 3 items total:

- The sissy bar
- The side plates
- The mounting hardware kit

I don't have the part numbers in front of me, but just go to the HD website, go to bike parts, use the motorcycle = Breakout filter, and all 3 items will be evident.

You'll have a choice of fixed side plates or adjustable side plates. The adjust able sidplates are much more costly, but allow you to change the angle of the sissybar within a modest range. This is very valuable if you want to use the sissybar to fasten luggage bags onto.

The whole setup is a little expensive in total, but man I have been very pleased with mine, and everyone who's res it thinks it really looks like "it fits".

Jim G

Old 04-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Eckwitte
Novice

Originally Posted by The Hedgehog
You can also buy the one piece sissy bar for the fatboy and stretch it

I want to buy this set up and put it on my breakout. When you say Stretch, what does that mean exactly?

Old 04-09-2015, 06:45 AM
goldiedg
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, here is mine. I have the mounting hardware covers. It covers the bolts on each side makes it real tidy...Cheers

Old 04-09-2015, 10:35 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm almost done with my custom sissy bar project, should have some pics up next week- I got 'pre empted' by the fork springs, damper and tires upgrade (which is just a-w-e-s-o-m-e btw!)

I wish someone made a "wide" version of the Wide Glide sissy bar, that to me would be perfect since it slips nice and clean between the rails and fender. Not quick detach of course, but the low look of it would be ok to leave it on. I agree the stock HD setup bar and pad pushes the passenger too far forward.

The "stretched" Fatboy mod posted above is a nice alternative- I hope the OP can submit some DIY info for others.

Quick Reply: HD sissy bar assembly for Breakout