Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD sissy bar assembly for Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:29 AM
wavesnwheels
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks good Hedgehog, I'm thinking of making something along those lines. I like the old skool tall ones but they only look right on a hardtail, I think the height on yours is about right. Good job.

Eckwitte - I would imagine he means stretch it to make it wide enough to fit the breakouts fat rear fender.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Eckwitte
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wavesnwheels
That looks good Hedgehog, I'm thinking of making something along those lines. I like the old skool tall ones but they only look right on a hardtail, I think the height on yours is about right. Good job.

Eckwitte - I would imagine he means stretch it to make it wide enough to fit the breakouts fat rear fender.
Yes but how?...like cutting the brace and moving it up the bar and welding it? Or just literally stretching it aka bending it by hand?

Old 04-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Jeff71
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eckwitte
Yes but how?...like cutting the brace and moving it up the bar and welding it? Or just literally stretching it aka bending it by hand?
I cut the cross bar off and tried to stretch it by hand/foot and couldn't get it to go. Ended up using a bottle jack to stretch it (probably not the best way but I like a little danger ) Once it fit the docking station hardware, I got the old lady on the bike to locate the pad where she wanted it and welded the cross bar back in. Touched it up with some spray paint for the time being but will eventually re-powder coat.

Pretty much followed forum member harty's post here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...thread-90.html