Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust preference question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:29 PM
MKennedy616
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread, along with other exhaust threads on here, is going to net you the same result...

95% of us are going to recommend our exhaust to you, because we did our research and chose the one that fit our style and fit our budget... And 5% will regret their selection and tell you that...

Your best bet is to go to a few bike nights and pick out the ones you enjoy the sound of, and speak with the owners. Or, go to the dealer and listen to a few bikes going in and out of the service department... I even struck up a conversation with a tech and he started a customers bike for me to listen to. Youtube clips are CRAP for picking an exhaust because it's not going to sound like that in person (THANK GOD!)

So, not trying to be an ***... But, I think the majority of people will agree... It comes down to personal choice. Loud to you may not be loud to me, and deep and rumbling just doesn't transfer over a youtube clip.

Good luck on your choice!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:53 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I would not overlook Rinehart in either 3 1/2 or 4 inch, Rush, or my personal favorite right now, Freedom Performance. Each one of these has a little different sound, but all are good and none are obnoxious. The Freedom has the lowest tone of the three.

Bill

Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 AM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by MKennedy616
This thread, along with other exhaust threads on here, is going to net you the same result...

95% of us are going to recommend our exhaust to you, because we did our research and chose the one that fit our style and fit our budget... And 5% will regret their selection and tell you that...

Your best bet is to go to a few bike nights and pick out the ones you enjoy the sound of, and speak with the owners. Or, go to the dealer and listen to a few bikes going in and out of the service department... I even struck up a conversation with a tech and he started a customers bike for me to listen to. Youtube clips are CRAP for picking an exhaust because it's not going to sound like that in person (THANK GOD!)

So, not trying to be an ***... But, I think the majority of people will agree... It comes down to personal choice. Loud to you may not be loud to me, and deep and rumbling just doesn't transfer over a youtube clip.

Good luck on your choice!

Spot on.

My preference BTW...Rush Big Louie

Old 01-28-2015, 08:26 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do YOUR research, decide what YOU like, dont like & why. Make up YOUR mind what YOU want on YOUR bike. Consider price, quality, looks, sound & performance in what ever order them things are important to YOU. Nobody can tell you what is best for you. The goal should be to try & get it right the first time so that you only have to make this decision once.
Dwayne

Old 01-28-2015, 08:34 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC

Spot on.

My preference BTW...Rush Big Louie
Ed Zachary.

My preference also.

From the choices given, I would go with the Jackpots. They are great sounding and have a nice deep tone.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:58 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

4" Rineharts, FTW

Old 01-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 131 Posts

What is your overall plan, I say this because if its only sound the choice is yours, go to a dealer, bike nite, or a ride and listen to them.
If your plan is to do more work down the road, IE cams, heads, tuner, ect, you may think about more than just sound, you are going with a good head pipe from Fuel Moto, most tuners will point out that you need some back pressure for torque and horsepower. Unless you plan on changing your slip- ons if you do more mods, or don't care about making every last horsepower of foot pound of torque, use what sounds good to you. Rush, or Crusher Mellows, make good horsepower, and sound good for slip-ons. Fulsac makes another option to keep the stock exhaust and change the baffles, they offer different sizes, each has its own sound.
Ride on!!