Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive drop in kit......Rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 08:48 AM
bsdoig
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Progressive drop in kit......Rant

Bought the progressive 10-2003 kit for my 2012 Road King. Instructions said to use no spacer for a 1" drop. All the information I read on the forums said to do a 1" spacer for a 1" drop so that's what I tried first. That ended up as a solid 2" drop. Went back in a installed a 1.75" spacer and ended up with around 1.25" drop. How can the instructions be that inaccurate? Anyone else have any trouble like this??

Old 04-01-2016, 10:09 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

When I did mine, I questioned what was going in the instructions too so I just called them and got the correct answer, which was different than what was in the directions. I followed what they told me over the phone and nailed the 2" drop spot on. The guy sounded like he spoke from experience, not just reading a troubleshooting screen on his computer, so I trusted him and it worked. Good luck!!

Old 04-01-2016, 11:39 AM
cajunlowrider
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Not exactly on point, but I never cease to be amazed that instructions for most things are written so poorly. And come with pictures that cloud the issue more than do the words.

Had one the other day that told me to locate something on the left side of the bike. Didn't tell me where - just on the left side. Turns out it was on the RIGHT side.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:41 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,547 Likes on 10,088 Posts

Originally Posted by cajunlowrider
Not exactly on point, but I never cease to be amazed that instructions for most things are written so poorly. And come with pictures that cloud the issue more than do the words.

Had one the other day that told me to locate something on the left side of the bike. Didn't tell me where - just on the left side. Turns out it was on the RIGHT side.
That would be the OTHER LEFT !!!
Glad you got it figured out

Old 04-02-2016, 08:02 AM
47Norton
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceFace
When I did mine, I questioned what was going in the instructions too so I just called them and got the correct answer, which was different than what was in the directions. I followed what they told me over the phone and nailed the 2" drop spot on. The guy sounded like he spoke from experience, not just reading a troubleshooting screen on his computer, so I trusted him and it worked. Good luck!!
So, what did they tell you to do?

The following users liked this post:
NAILIT RK (04-03-2016)