Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2 cents dealing with after market suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
JayTee
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2 cents dealing with after market suppliers

Ballistic cycles is great to do business with, they have showed me great customer service.

Last edited by JayTee; 12-01-2011 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Wrong information on bike service sop.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:56 PM
nutsandbolts5212
Road Warrior

Received 793 Likes on 352 Posts

I was doing my stage 1 and wanted to get the Doherty Power Pack A/C. So online says it's in stock and I place my order (mistake #1).

Two weeks pass and I still haven't recieved it, so now I call, they tell me they had a problem w/ the filter and were waiting for a shipment, no more than two weeks. I say o.k., I'll wait (mistake #2).

A month passes and now I have everything ready to go and I'm itchin, so I call. Now I was told that the company that supplies the filter went under and that a they are working with a new company now, would I mind waiting, they were very sorry. I said I do mind and please refund my money, I've waited long enough. I then immediately ordered an S&S teardrop, which arrived in 5 days and I was on my way with my upgrade.

Lesson learned: Reputable dealers only and phone to talk to a person! I feel bad because I do believe in giving second chances and love to support small businesses, but a personal phone call explaining why the order was being delayed would have made a sale for them. Now I'm sorry but business is business!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM
BaggerShades
3rd Gear

It's too bad that some suppliers ruin it for the ones that actually care. There are some really good folks out there, and Tim @ Ballistic Cycles is one of the very best. In my book he's known as 'Triple T', Tim The Truth!

Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
LumpSum
Intermediate

I too can't say enough about Tim, his brother and the rest of the crew at Ballistic. After exhausting every avenue to find someone local to stretch my tank, I ended up mailing it to him....both in part becasue of the design of his extension and the confort level I had. He kept me informed every step of the way and I had the tank back in the timeframe he promised.

To go one step further, when the tank arrived it had a small crack in the extension that needed to be repaired...likely due to UPS' handling of the package of course. It took a number of calls from Tim's shop to UPS to get a credit for the shipping. After hitting a brick wall with UPS, Tim offered to cover the repair on his own. There aren't too many willing to step up to the plate the way he did.