Slip ons compared - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Slip ons compared

Old 01-10-2019, 12:01 PM
Hdbkstl

Originally Posted by DK Custom View Post
I wouldnt need a tune if i did just this on my 114 would I. I am planning on getting a full system later this year, but this would be a cheap way to live with what I have until then. I don't want to screw my motor up though.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:40 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by Hdbkstl View Post
I wouldnt need a tune if i did just this on my 114 would I. I am planning on getting a full system later this year, but this would be a cheap way to live with what I have until then. I don't want to screw my motor up though.
That is correct, if you pull the baffles and put the Thunder Torque Inserts™ in you do NOT need to tune/reflash. The M8's do not have the lean problem the Twin Cams do. Of course, any M8 will run stronger/better with a good tune, even if it is bone stock, but no damage to the engine if you don't.

Here is a LINK to a report on the M8 engines, part of which shows the AFR and the ability of the ECM to adjust to varying conditions.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: [email protected]

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: