2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2019 Sport Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Brad Simon
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2019 Sport Glide

The fuel tank has a piece of plastic trim that leads from the instrument cluster to an attachment point beneath the seat where it is screwed in. Mine has popped offthe instrument cluster to reveal a black platic piece with two downward pointing arrows. I can't seem to get that trim piece mounted back to the grommeted plastic piece. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 03-16-2019, 01:04 PM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

Yes. Warranty.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:43 AM
Brad Simon
Stage III

tried that... their answer was double sided tape. which works but thats not how it was on there before

Old 03-21-2019, 07:39 AM
acd118
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brad Simon
tried that... their answer was double sided tape. which works but thats not how it was on there before
Self tapping screw directly into the plastic mounting bracket maybe. Or have the stealer pull up all the part numbers associated with the mounting location and demand they give you the new parts. I can't believe it isn't covered under warranty if it is a new bike with broken parts. Might be a good idea to take your business elsewhere. For the $15,000 PLUS new Harleys go for and that kind of customer service, I'd be on their *** every single day until they did something about it (hopefully not call the cops LOL). Good luck on it bud.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:47 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,074 Likes on 610 Posts

Stealerships are one of the reasons H-D is going down hill ... honestly, double sided tape???

Old 03-24-2019, 08:54 PM
Cage Free
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

I have my dash off the bike currently. The plastic piece is held on by two push on nuts under the dash. Perhaps take that off and see if you can get the two properly mated again.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Brad Simon
Stage III

I looked at the parts diagram and i'll try that...im a novice is it pretty easy to take the dash off?

Old 04-04-2019, 11:32 AM
Cage Free
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

I looked at the parts diagram and i'll try that...im a novice is it pretty easy to take the dash off?
Yes, remove seat and expose the bottom screw that secures the lower part of the strap. Then remove the screw in the center of the dash, boom.

Old 04-09-2019, 08:27 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,439 Likes on 2,236 Posts

Guys - Jerry rigging a brand new bike? Bring this thing back to the dealer and have a fit. It works.. DOuble sided tape - wtf..

Old 04-26-2019, 08:08 PM
Night Hawk
Stage II

Thin double side tape was used by the factory to mount the strip to the securing tab in the dash. Moisture and sun will deteriorate it in a year or two. Replacement will probably perform no better. Best fix is 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive available at auto parts store, a dab on the tab in the dash and set the plastic strip back down to it with moderate pressure. Let it sit a few hours and it won't come loose till you want it to. Works Great on Jeep Weatherstrip too!

Quick Reply: 2019 Sport Glide