2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 08:19 PM
Grof
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by aziron
I’m still hitting a wall on the exhaust and between these three expect for FAB28 is not doing orders right now.

1. FAB28

2. V&S

3. Trask
none of those Thunder Header or D&D

Old 05-12-2020, 08:03 AM
Nats_Rider
Stage III
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eborjas
No cams??? THat's pretty impressive for just pipe and air cleaner. Who did the tune?
I got it done at the dealer with the SE tuner.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:40 AM
mark-in-jax
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Has anyone switched their foot pegs out for mini floorboards? I'm coming off a 17 slim, so I'm not sure if I just need to get use to foot pegs or if I just really like floorboards. I've also seen some pegs that have a bit more surface area compared to the stock foot pegs, so that could be a consideration as well. Looking for some input, thx!

Old 05-12-2020, 12:17 PM
Lorecapo
Cruiser
Received 90 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mark-in-jax
Has anyone switched their foot pegs out for mini floorboards? I'm coming off a 17 slim, so I'm not sure if I just need to get use to foot pegs or if I just really like floorboards. I've also seen some pegs that have a bit more surface area compared to the stock foot pegs, so that could be a consideration as well. Looking for some input, thx!
I ordered today my new LRS (very excited...!) and I put the forward controls with this pegs:

They are not made for the new Softail, bu the delaer told me that they already modified a lot of them to fit the new LRS.
This is the 3" version, there is also a 4" one.

The following users liked this post:
mark-in-jax (05-13-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 03:56 PM
cthagreekgod
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey guys... I need some help. Strange issue and I don't know what would have caused it. I just did the relocation of the gauges to the bars. Once I got everything set up, the bike won't turn on (like nothing when I put the switch to run, I'm not talking about starting, I talking about turning on), and none of the gauges work. Strange thing is though, I can get the bike to turn on if I stand it upright. It powers and the fuel pump engages, lights work, but it won't start. or even turn over. It has been sitting a couple days, but the battery seems ok, so I don't think that is the issue. Fuses seem ok as well. Any suggestions? I did have to deepen, but I have verified the pins are in the right spot. Could one of the pins not be engaging properly and causing this issue? Not sure what the gauges would have to do with the starter though.

Old 05-12-2020, 03:59 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,866 Likes on 1,222 Posts

Originally Posted by cthagreekgod
Hey guys... I need some help. Strange issue and I don't know what would have caused it. I just did the relocation of the gauges to the bars. Once I got everything set up, the bike won't turn on (like nothing when I put the switch to run, I'm not talking about starting, I talking about turning on), and none of the gauges work. Strange thing is though, I can get the bike to turn on if I stand it upright. It powers and the fuel pump engages, lights work, but it won't start. or even turn over. It has been sitting a couple days, but the battery seems ok, so I don't think that is the issue. Fuses seem ok as well. Any suggestions? I did have to deepen, but I have verified the pins are in the right spot. Could one of the pins not be engaging properly and causing this issue? Not sure what the gauges would have to do with the starter though.
Real quick, I would swap out the two small fuses just to be sure and while there pull the main fuse to maybe re-boot things, and try to start again.

cthagreekgod (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 05:08 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by cthagreekgod
...Strange thing is though, I can get the bike to turn on if I stand it upright. ...
When you stand it upright, are you also turning the bars straight? It some things work with the bars straight but don't work with them turned, then the root cause is likely either a loose connector or loose pins inside of a connector.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:17 PM
cthagreekgod
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Fuse

It was totally a fuse. I feel like an idiot. You just can’t tell with that little brown 5amp that it’s blown. Anyways, all sorted. Thanks.

The following 4 users liked this post by cthagreekgod:
aziron (05-14-2020), HuntWhenever (05-12-2020), OldMike (05-12-2020), SS Twin (05-15-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 09:06 PM
vince.mendoza
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 10in LA Choppers Kate Fighter T bar Install help

Hi,

I am new in this forum, but I have been in other motorcycle forums. I have been riding around my FXLRS for 2 months now and I am in need to upgrade the stock handlebars for a 10in LA Chopper Kage Fighter pull back T bars. I am doing this for long trips and overall confort. I am 5’5” so this is a must and I am having some difficulty finding the correct cables kit. I have read some threads here and it seems like you are able to find individual cables and wire extension from HD and other aftermarket companies. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the kits like the one from burly or Magnum. I purchased; Magnum Black Pearl 12"-14" Cable Kit for 2018-Up FXFB/FXLRS w/ ABS and it appears to be way too long for my set up. I decided to include a pull back plate that will increase the raise to around 12 and extra 1.5 in pull back. I am just looking for some guidance from previous experience and if is it even worth it or is it a better option individual parts. Any ideas?

Last edited by vince.mendoza; 05-12-2020 at 09:22 PM.
rauchman (01-30-2022)
Old 05-13-2020, 07:44 AM
mark-in-jax
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorecapo
I ordered today my new LRS (very excited...!) and I put the forward controls with this pegs:
They are not made for the new Softail, bu the delaer told me that they already modified a lot of them to fit the new LRS.
This is the 3" version, there is also a 4" one.
Thanks. I will check those out.

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners