2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 09:08 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,455 Likes on 927 Posts

Installed a DK custom tti into my Bassani RR-3. Used a coupling reducer to accept the factory end cap bolt and the threaded tti rod. No drilling. Definitely builds low end torque. Very happy with it. Plenty of low grunt , screams up top and still loud as hell. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Old 08-14-2021, 12:52 PM
lapinobel
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Considered swapping to a sport glide for more comfort. Rode one today, lower backpain due to the riding position and neck pain due to the bars. Wtf. Guess I will need to keep my lrs as stock even though it tires me after an hour or so. Still wonder if forwards but with stock bars would be a good fit for me.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:19 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by lapinobel
Considered swapping to a sport glide for more comfort. Rode one today, lower backpain due to the riding position and neck pain due to the bars. Wtf. Guess I will need to keep my lrs as stock even though it tires me after an hour or so. Still wonder if forwards but with stock bars would be a good fit for me.
Are you still running the stock seat and risers? How tall are you? With the Hd tall boy seat and 5.5 drag risers with LA choppers 1 inch riser extension’s i am very comfortable. The tall boy seat puts my hips almost level with my knees, that for me at 6ft was huge. 6.5 total riser height with the 4 inch stock bar height is ideal. I was going to go with lucky 13 bars but I don’t think I will. No need to. I have owned 4 street bikes n my life. 03 883, 92 fxr, 2012 wide glide and a 2016 Kawasaki ninja. My low rider s is more comfortable than all of them except the wide glide. The wide glide was like laying on a couch lol! The stock riding position is great for aggressive riding but it gets old after an hour or so. It’s a low rider you can make it comfortable despite what some say around here. Oh, I also wear thin converse sneakers to help keep the knee height down.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:36 PM
lapinobel
Cruiser

I am 1m73 (5’8” I think), really starting to appreciate the lrs for what it is but it definitely is not comfortable for me. I think the swept back bars/feet forward like the sportglide, heritage etc are just not for me, strange since so many people say it is the most comfy bike ever (sportglide).

Old 08-14-2021, 02:21 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

I am 1m73 (5’8” I think), really starting to appreciate the lrs for what it is but it definitely is not comfortable for me. I think the swept back bars/feet forward like the sportglide, heritage etc are just not for me, strange since so many people say it is the most comfy bike ever (sportglide).
you might want to try an m8 low rider. A lot of low rider owners think it is a lot more comfortable than the s. I test drove a stock low rider and it was a nice ride but I prefer the s by a long shot. The black low rider s is the only bike I would even considered over my wide glide. When I first saw it in the dyna version in 2016 I almost traded in then. The 110 with its heat issues is why I did not.

Old 08-14-2021, 02:24 PM
lapinobel
Cruiser

yeah I know, in fact I almost bought a 2019 low rider. test drove that for three hours, loved it and when I decided to get it, it was sold and took a low rider s which was in stock. without test riding it. yeah I know… might check for a different seat but dont want to put too much money in it unless I am sure I will keep it

The following users liked this post:
Durham man (08-14-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 03:09 PM
Breaker80
Advanced
Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts

At 6’1 32 inseam I’m still working on getting my hips higher or at least closer to level with my knees. The Lucky Dave’s seat helped. I find when I sit on the bike with an air hawk cushion it’s almost perfect. Just super ugly. I’m going to sacrifice the stock seat to an upholstery guy and see what we can come up with. I did find the stock bars on 9.5 Thrashin risers made long rides far more comfortable. As did Biltwell Mushman foot pegs.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:15 PM
lapinobel
Cruiser

Something else, but I also feel quite a bit of vibration in the footpegs when going over 3000rpm. Started at around 3K km’s. Vibration on handlebars and mirrors have not changed. Had 1st service at 1500km and from what I can tell pegs and exhaust seem to be tightened ok. Normal?

Old 08-14-2021, 06:43 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,218 Posts

One of the first popular mods on a FXLRS for "not" tall people is 5.5" pull back risers for about $60, this keeps me from having to reach for the bars.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:40 PM
2WHEELFREAK
Road Master
Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

Saw an FXLRS with some Fat Bob bars on it; looks pretty damn cool. I like how that bar looks FAT, then tapers down. But its a drag bar. Wonder what it would look like with 5.5-7" pullback risers?

The following users liked this post:
RGpittsburgh (09-20-2021)

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners