2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 06:42 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,455 Likes on 927 Posts

My riding boots 😂 probably not wise but comfortable , think thin. Once you get your knees and hips level you have comfort and a great handling machine.

Old 07-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Big Al 59
HDF Community Team
Received 341 Likes on 209 Posts

thanks for your answer, your mini footboards from HD are no more avaible on their site, I must choose another brand, that's why I showed you the Ciro that I find nice and that will fit good I think..
For the seat I would prefere a solo or a one and a half seat, I try to ride today with an inflatable cushion that my wife use on her Freewheeler to raise my position and it felt good but not so much than I thought,
Your shoes are nice lol, but I prefere to ride with military boots which are safer and waterproof...

Old 07-21-2023, 03:09 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Big Al 59
thanks for your answer, your mini footboards from HD are no more avaible on their site, I must choose another brand, that's why I showed you the Ciro that I find nice and that will fit good I think..
For the seat I would prefere a solo or a one and a half seat, I try to ride today with an inflatable cushion that my wife use on her Freewheeler to raise my position and it felt good but not so much than I thought,
Your shoes are nice lol, but I prefere to ride with military boots which are safer and waterproof...
I always rode with combat boots until I bought this bike. 😂 as far as the Hd floor boards I think you are looking for them to fit your bike? They are the old non m8 style. It takes peg adapters to run them.

Old 07-22-2023, 01:16 AM
Big Al 59
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Durham man
I always rode with combat boots until I bought this bike. 😂 as far as the Hd floor boards I think you are looking for them to fit your bike? They are the old non m8 style. It takes peg adapters to run them.
I know that, but as I said before, there are no more available.
As I said on another topic after riding yesterday, I am not sure to keep the mids, I am not very confident with this position on the bike, I will perhaps go with advanced, I have to swap the risers first, after that I will see what to do next....

Old 07-23-2023, 09:36 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

I will never get my picture on the cover of the rolling stone but I did make jd custom’s instagram. I’ll take it .

The following users liked this post:
Big Al 59 (07-23-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 03:33 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,980 Likes on 751 Posts

Gonna need some black clutch & brake levers 😂

Clear view dark headlight cover showed up.
That fairing looks incredible. Nice job!

I can't keep up with your seat changes. You got rid of the tall boy, and now have a Saddlemen?

Old 07-23-2023, 04:11 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
That fairing looks incredible. Nice job!

I can't keep up with your seat changes. You got rid of the tall boy, and now have a Saddlemen?
thanks, yeah I found a saddlemen explorer used and I thought I would give it a try as I had read how it does similar fixes to the fxlrs foot location. With my peg alterations and risers it is a great combo for me. Only problem is I think I need to add height to my top hand ventures sissy bar as it looks too low from the front vision 2’is what I am thinking . I will be contacting them in the winter when I tear it all apart to do suspension and sound system in my fairing . Never ending in a good way to me. Every time I see you post I miss my fxr!

Then Came Bronson (07-24-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 04:34 PM
wlwoodruff
Cruiser
Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

I will never get my picture on the cover of the rolling stone but I did make jd custom’s instagram. I’ll take it .

That's a good looking fairing -- is it frame-mount, or fork-mount? How is it for wind at highway speeds (75-85 mph)? How hard is it to remove/reinstall?
Thanks, WLW

Old 07-23-2023, 04:59 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by wlwoodruff
That's a good looking fairing -- is it frame-mount, or fork-mount? How is it for wind at highway speeds (75-85 mph)? How hard is it to remove/reinstall?
Thanks, WLW
thank you, when I first installed the 11 “ clear view windshield that I optioned from jd custom’s at purchase it was great at highway speeds. I would get a little wind on the top of my head at lower speed not annoying buffeting. The faster I went it was only better. I then went to the klock werks 9” It looks so killer but I got
a lot of buffeting. I am now running the klock werks 12” windshield. It looks great and I get similar results as the not so good looking 11” clear view. In all honesty the 11” clear view performs better but the klock werks performance is good enough and looks so good. Buffeting is a funny thing I have delt with with many past windshield’s and fairing’s on previous bikes. The fxrt fairing once dialed in is the best. I have not run lowers and don’t intend to. But I hear with lowers it’s like being in a bubble.yes it is a fixed frame mounted fairing.

Last edited by Durham man; 07-23-2023 at 05:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Durham man:
tclhb (09-18-2023), wlwoodruff (07-23-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 09:44 AM
Big Al 59
HDF Community Team

Very nice bike Durham man, you did a great job on it and it's now well finished and to your taste...
Not my style for the moment, I just got my LRS a week ago and I want to keep it in its lighter and sportier version, if I get used to it properly and if sell my Heritage, maybe I will maaaaake some touring upgrades like you...
here are some pics of mine last sunday in the Pyrenées...

Durham man (07-25-2023)

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners