Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo changing channels by itself

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 08:16 AM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ALUCARD19
I have sent off emails to both Hawg-Wired and V-Twin Audio (bought mine from V-Twin Audio) and am waiting on their reply's to this problem. Will keep you all informed if I get any response from either one.
Yeah. That's where I bought mine as well & Hawg Wired sent me another HUA360 and when the problem remained with the new unit it was pretty much blamed on a wiring problem on the bike. I'd like to try a Biketronics module just to test but that'd be a $200 test. Bars were wired long before stereo was swapped but maybe these modules are just more sensitive than the stock head unit. Also kinda strange that it's the same "false" signal as yours (right control down position). On mine, all other controls function perfectly. Very frustrating.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:18 AM
ALUCARD19
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also sent an email to BT to find out how much just the control unit would cost without the radio mounting hardware.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:05 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master

I got a response from V-Twin audio and sent them a link to this post and hopefully they will be able to determine what our problems are.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:07 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master

I also was contacted from BT and for just the control module it would be $50.00 less than the radio install kit. so $197.95 minus $50.00 = $147.95 if we have to go this route.
Module sold separately for $169.95 S/H included for domestic addresses. Special order only, you must call in to order it. Please make sure your radio is compatible with our part. We will be happy to cross reference your radio too.

Last edited by ALUCARD19; 03-17-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:14 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master

This is the response from Hawg-Wired as of 5 minutes ago.
Hi Alfred,

Normally when we get complaints like this it is more often than not one of the following:

1) Extended bars (Extensions have rubbed and there is a short)
2) Switch going bad
3) Chrome Switch covers put on and a wire has been pinched

The HUA360 is software based so if it is only one command that is not working it is highly unlikely that it is the unit. We have seen where an entire side was not working but that was due to the DIP switches being in the wrong position.

I suggest callingl Brian or Alan up at VTwin as they are probably more familiar with your installation and could probably give you some areas to check and test.

Thank you,
Rich
Hawg Wired
I hope V-twin can diagnose this for us.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

Seeking down would usually be the grey/white right switch wire shorting to ground somewhere.

The stock radio is more forgiving for some switch wiring issues.

If it comes down to it I can send out a part for someone to try, if it works out we can figure out a deal.

Bill

Old 03-17-2015, 05:11 PM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Bill. I will say that my entire system other than the head unit, mounting kit, and control module are ALL Biketronics & I couldn't be happier with the products or customer service.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:54 PM
z71_fourwheelin
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biketronics Inc
Hi,

Seeking down would usually be the grey/white right switch wire shorting to ground somewhere.

If it comes down to it I can send out a part for someone to try, if it works out we can figure out a deal.

Bill
Once again... Outstanding customer service

Old 03-17-2015, 07:40 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master

Originally Posted by Biketronics Inc
Hi,

Bill
Well Bill it would seem that once again YOU ARE THE MAN I pulled my right side switch housing apart and low and behold the grey/white wire was pinched between the two halves, so I wrapped some electrical tape around it and moved it out of harms way and it has not repeated the problem while riding or banging on the handlebars so I am in your debt.
Thanks again Bill you Rock!!!

Alfred P. Sosna

Old 03-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad you got it fixed!

Quick Reply: Stereo changing channels by itself