Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SENA Bluetooth pairing to Boom system

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 09:07 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,961 Likes on 1,687 Posts
Default SENA Bluetooth pairing to Boom system

I have a Sena SMH-10 headset, and I love it. Just bought a Road Glide, and I'm trying, without success, to pair my Sena to it. I paired my Android phone with no problem. My riding buddy has a '14 TriGlide, and had his Sena paired, but after he got a s/w upgrade, the pairing was lost and he can't get it to pair again.

Any suggestions on how to get the Sena to pair with the BOOM 6.5 system? Has anyone come to the conclusion that the HD system is not Bluetooth standard, and will not pair with the Sena?

Old 09-05-2015, 08:22 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

The Boom can RECEIVE BT, but can't TRANSMIT. The did not write in the firmware the proper BT profile. The profile necessary for that is HSP (Head Set Profile).

For a few hundred, you can wire in the HD Boom! Audio Music and Communications Kit-69200865

Then add a SENA SM10. This will get you BT OUT, but not IN (i.e. no CB, no telling the bike what to do verbally) this is what I did, then pipe the phone directly to my Sena 20S.

FOr a few hundred more, you can add an AKE comm system, shich can be used both tranmitting BT and Receiving (You can now talk to the bike, but some are not able to use CD) It is German, and only available from their site currently at http://shop.ake-electronic.com/index...product_id=627

J&M Corp makes a TWO way BT adapter for BIG BUCKS, and I think it only works with J&M Headsets. Spoiled Biker USED to make a two way BT adapter using Sena parts, but I can't find it now.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:04 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Thanks for the info!

Yup, no surprise, the MoCo deliberately crippled the BT capability.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:11 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain

A lot of people are hopeful they will add the proper HSP profile in a firmware update in the future. This will likely occur when the MOCO starts selling BT headsets!

Old 09-07-2015, 05:25 PM
14cvoultra
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default check out SENA BT10

I set up a SENA 20S paired with SENA BT10 and was able to send voice commands to GPS worked great. Wired the BT10 into the 280plug in the fairing 2 wires I did order the plug from Ebay for $9 But not really needed. The BT10 is very small and fits in the USB compartment. It will also work to transmit on the CB
For now I am only using it one way I listen to everything out of the speakers but it should also work 2way with the addition of 2 more wires. Both my wife and i can use the CB GPS and phone while talking to each other on the Sena 20s

Old 09-09-2015, 09:05 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain

I thought about going the BT10 route but I wanted the Dual BT streaming capabilities for the headsets. This way no music sharing between headsets, and she can hear the GPS. The BT10 does allow you to "talk" to the bike or through CB. SM10 Does Dual BT stream but does not allow you to talk.

The AKE allows single stream BT and talking tot he bike.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:49 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Yeah, I think I'll stick with what I'm doing now, and Harley can take their black, connected-by-wires overpriced helmet communicator and stuff it.

I have a Sena SMH10 and an Android smartphone in my pocket. My riding buddy on his bike and my wife on the back and I can all talk with outstanding clarity and distance. I can listen to stereo music, and I have the world's most accurate GPS mapping and turn-by-turn voice guidance right in my ear.

I'm good.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:46 PM
babygorilla
Road Captain

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Yeah, I think I'll stick with what I'm doing now, and Harley can take their black, connected-by-wires overpriced helmet communicator and stuff it.

I have a Sena SMH10 and an Android smartphone in my pocket. My riding buddy on his bike and my wife on the back and I can all talk with outstanding clarity and distance. I can listen to stereo music, and I have the world's most accurate GPS mapping and turn-by-turn voice guidance right in my ear.

I'm good.
Yep, that works too. I DIDN'T want a stereo or GPS on the SGS. My argument to the salesguy I was dealing with is that with BT and a smartphone, why bother? All I need is a 12V jack and a handlebar mount. Hell, if the MOCO was SMART, they would make a built in dash mount for a smartphone that you can jack into USB and play out some powered speakers and call it DONE.