Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio uprgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:29 AM
rkidd
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Radio uprgrade

Would like to get the thoughts of the experts as to the radio upgrade on my 2003 FLHTC. I have upgraded the radio in my car with a Pioneer DEH6800BT and absolutely love the sound quality and the features of this unit. I would love to keep it simple with the same radio as after 59 years my memory isnt worth a crap any more!! Do you guys think this radio would be a good fit or do I need to look at something else? Also would the adapter from Biketronics allow me to use the handlebar controls or are there other options for that? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:45 AM
LMCTX
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pioneer is great radio, I prefer alpine due to ease of use and output quality. And I strongly recommend the radio kit and adapter from hawg-wired that thing is amazing built. Quality is there compared to anyone else's radio adapter and kit.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:37 AM
rkidd
Advanced

Thanks LMCTX for your reply. Will take note of the Hawg Wired. Would still like some thoughts on this radio from the people on here who really know more than myself. Thanks.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by LMCTX
Pioneer is great radio, I prefer alpine due to ease of use and output quality. And I strongly recommend the radio kit and adapter from hawg-wired that thing is amazing built. Quality is there compared to anyone else's radio adapter and kit.
^^^^^^
Agree with the Hawg wired Kit! I recently installed the Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS and it sounded awesome! Of course I don't keep my radios very long so I'm not sure about durability. . lol But it sounded dam good!!

Old 07-01-2016, 05:38 AM
rkidd
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gannicus
^^^^^^
Agree with the Hawg wired Kit! I recently installed the Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS and it sounded awesome! Of course I don't keep my radios very long so I'm not sure about durability. . lol But it sounded dam good!!
Gannicus. Thanks for the response. I was blown away how good this unit sounded in my car with stock speakers. Way better than the stock radio. That is why I wanted to check and see what you guys thought about putting it in my bike.