Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by XbonesMania
Thanks again for the help.

By any chance will the Biketronics amp adapter work? Its only $40 vs the $150 of the JM one.
Shoot Sponger a PM. He has run that amp and will know exactly what it takes to fit. I'm running the HDP4 which is the same chassis as the PPI and the JM tray is the absolute perfect footprint for my amp.

T

Old 07-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus

Also going to need two BT line levelers and the breakout harness from BT if you want to fade from front to rear.
I am gathering install accessories myself for a Rushmore bike. Will I need the breakout harness with one BT line leveler and losing the fader? Is the breakout harness a must?.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,106 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Originally Posted by Kawickrice
I am gathering install accessories myself for a Rushmore bike. Will I need the breakout harness with one BT line leveler and losing the fader? Is the breakout harness a must?.
The breakout harness would not be needed with a front channel only line leveler. You will have to run your own speaker wire to the tour pack though. You'll also want "y" adapters to split the front channel inputs to the rear channel of the amp.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:26 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

breakout harness is a must if you want the fader. That said, who ever uses a fader on a bike?? If it was me, I'd buy a RC splitter for $3 rather than a pretty spendy and VERY bulky breakout harness

Old 07-15-2017, 04:37 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
breakout harness is a must if you want the fader. That said, who ever uses a fader on a bike?? If it was me, I'd buy a RC splitter for $3 rather than a pretty spendy and VERY bulky breakout harness
Agreed. I guess some guys want to fade to keep the OL happy is the only reason I can think of but I've never taken that approach. She's already blocking my rear pod speakers dammit!! LOL!!

Old 07-18-2017, 03:28 PM
XbonesMania
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I spoke to Sponger regarding the amp install and he mentions that there will need to be some mods done to the gauges to make the fit and that it is still going to contact the fairing most likely.

My question is this: Does anyone have any pics of this installed in the fairing?

If not does anyone have any pics of this amp installed in the trunk?

Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 AM
XbonesMania
Novice
Default Installed. Low voltage now what

Ok I spoke to Sponger regarding the amp install and he mentions that there will need to be some mods done to the gauges to make the fit and that it is still going to contact the fairing most likely.

My question is this: Does anyone have any pics of this installed in the fairing?

If not does anyone have any pics of this amp installed in the trunk?

i have the amp amp and speakers installed. Set it up as per the sticky with the 1khz 0db tone to 15.8V for the 2 ohm speakers.

I now run consistently below 14 volts while riding the bike. Is this normal or will I need a larger generator?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:46 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

What year bike Bones?

Never mind I went back and seen it was a 16.

Not normal for you to register under 14v with your set up and a 16.
There should not be any charging issues at all. I know guys running three amps on that bike with no charging issues.

Last edited by Gannicus; 07-22-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:09 AM
XbonesMania
Novice

Originally Posted by Gannicus
What year bike Bones?

Never mind I went back and seen it was a 16.

Not normal for you to register under 14v with your set up and a 16.
There should not be any charging issues at all. I know guys running three amps on that bike with no charging issues.

any ideas what it may be? I have the power wire in the tray straight to the battery with a 40 amp inline fuse. I hooked the ground up to one of the screws that holds down the radio and the remote is hooked up to a P&A wire.

Possibly the battery is on is on its way out? It's right around the 2 year mark.

Many ideas would be appreciated

Old 07-22-2017, 11:35 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

any ideas what it may be? I have the power wire in the tray straight to the battery with a 40 amp inline fuse. I hooked the ground up to one of the screws that holds down the radio and the remote is hooked up to a P&A wire.

Possibly the battery is on is on its way out? It's right around the 2 year mark.

Many ideas would be appreciated
Most installs , the ground is ran straight to the battery..have you checked the voltage with a Volt meter.? Or using the bike gauges ?

Quick Reply: System Installation Help