Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Stage

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 PM
pglider
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Stage

Moving on to next chapter for fairing fronts,removing moto602s and would like to go pro audio mmats and b3 horns .already have a Hertz hdp4 and a fosgate t400xad with an alpine 149bt.Planning on using the t400xad to power 602s that are already in lowers and hdp4 for front stage and 6900 pros in lids,thats the plan so far.Been doing as much research as possible for the fronts .Not much of a parking lot guy, just like good cruising sound.Torn between ddaw6.5 at28 tweets or Mmats 601 with b3 horns 2008 streetglide.Thanks in advance Paul

Old 10-03-2017, 08:45 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

aw6.5s B3's in fairing and 6900 pros in lids. IDK....works pretty well for me.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:47 PM
pglider
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks JT did you mount your B3s in guage holes?

Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
aw6.5s B3's in fairing and 6900 pros in lids. IDK....works pretty well for me.
Im gonna put the same set up in fairing. What amp are you running and how many watts you pushing to them?

Old 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM
jt metal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by pglider
Thanks JT did you mount your B3s in guage holes?
well......yes! But Gannicus did the work. (Just keeping it real)

Originally Posted by PatM
Im gonna put the same set up in fairing. What amp are you running and how many watts you pushing to them?
Well....hahaha.... Digital Design D4. Baggeraudiolab supplied & installed by Gannicus.

Maybe Gannicus will come in and fill in the blanks.

Note: for a fairing only set up it's loud & proud. Definitely screaming at you. Missing mid bass, imho. But once the lids w/ 6x9's got installed. And I finally figured out how to balance things out. The system flat out rocks!

So, in short....... baggeraudiolab & Gannicus rocked it out fo me. They may have found another way that is better, to help you chase the magical unicorn. But I'm solid.......

Last edited by jt metal; 10-04-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 386 Posts

well......yes! But Gannicus did the work. (Just keeping it real)Well....hahaha.... Digital Design D4. Baggeraudiolab supplied & installed by Gannicus.

Note: for a fairing only set up it's loud & proud. Definitely screaming at you. Missing mid bass, imho. But once the lids w/ 6x9's got installed. And I finally figured out how to balance things out. The system flat out rocks!

So, in short....... baggeraudiolab & Gannicus rocked it out fo me. They may have found another way that is better, to help you chase the magical unicorn. But I'm solid.......
Your 4 speaker system did sound pretty good in Milwaukee last month

Old 10-04-2017, 10:35 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

I don't know how anyone is running horns in parallel with their 6.5s, which based on the system design the OP posted up top, he would have to do. It doesn't matter if you're putting AWs or Mmats in the fairing, they will both take and need wayyyyy more power than the horns should be getting and without control over the volume of horns (with a seperate amp or a very serious decrement adjustment from a DSP) the horns will make your ears bleed. Based on the way the OP has his setup envisioned, my opinion would be to stay away from horns unless your favorite part of every song is the cymbals.

Last edited by cpbedor; 10-04-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
pglider (10-04-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 10:42 AM
jt metal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Babyboy
Your 4 speaker system did sound pretty good in Milwaukee last month
Rob, i know your a stereo guy. And appreciate your words. Thank you.....but it's night & day today.

Too much gain on the 6x9's caused distortion at 22 (volume) not it's pretty crisp at 35.honesly, I wish I would have had you take a peek at things b4. But felt it was a 'run what you brung" kind of party. Lol!

Your efforts show! F*** me loud......my God.

I think I closed the gap between us.....but will not be able to equal you. Nice job!!

Old 10-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

well......yes! But Gannicus did the work. (Just keeping it real)

Well....hahaha.... Digital Design D4. Baggeraudiolab supplied & installed by Gannicus.

Ha! I'm always here brother! Audio on a bike has a very short shelf life bro! What was great a month ago changes with the wind but certain set up's are tried and true. It's all about continuous improvement! Never gonna get it perfect but were going to try like hell!!

JT your DD set up with the AW's and the B3 horns is one of the good ones! It's going to always sound great no matter what bike it's in.

The AW's sound great with 200 watts of power. 240 watts from the DD bridged gives em just enough headroom to sound awesome! Without getting into pro audio it's one of the best average joe (No pun intended) set up's out there. The AW's rock!

You're never going to get all three ranges of music with 2 or 4 speakers. It's going to take at least 6 with tweeters or horns to round out the spectrum.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 386 Posts

Rob, i know your a stereo guy. And appreciate your words. Thank you.....but it's night & day today.

Too much gain on the 6x9's caused distortion at 22 (volume) not it's pretty crisp at 35.honesly, I wish I would have had you take a peek at things b4. But felt it was a 'run what you brung" kind of party. Lol!

Your efforts show! F*** me loud......my God.

I think I closed the gap between us.....but will not be able to equal you. Nice job!!
The inventation is always open Joe if you want to make a blast to the Southside to do some more fine tuning.

Thanks on the compliment.

The winter is nearing so some more test and tuning is coming in the Barnyard and to **** off Mean Jean 😁😁😁😁 by knocking pictures off of the living room wall (yes I have an attached garage)

Quick Reply: Front Stage