Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockford DSR1 Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 11:25 AM
DE-Glide
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Outkast6991

i used a Pac in front of my psm.
Arc Audio shows the PSM being wired in through High Level Inputs during their MPAK install series on Youtube. Did you see any benefit in using the PAC LOC vs the High Level Inputs?

Old 03-19-2018, 12:06 PM
deeds
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Following this. Hopefully this is just an issue with the Rushmore Infotainment system. My DSR1 should be here next week. I'll be installing it in my 07 with Sony HU and SD800.4 amp. Fingers crossed this is as simple an install as it seems to be on paper.

Zach
Your's I would think would be an easy install; assuming your Sony HU has RCA outs on it. Then you don't need to mess with a LOC or anything. Nice amp btw.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:23 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 725 Likes on 571 Posts

deeds,
how do you know not to use the bt355 in front of the dsp? what makes you say this?
I'm not trying to be an asshat, i truly want to know the reasoning behind your statement. as the bt355 is an eq filter and low level converter, how would it have a negative effect on anything? were you told this by someone? have you tried it out? if someone made that recomendation to you, who was it?
T said he was hesitant to go cutting up a rushmore harness and i can uderstand that statement, but i'd like to try to understand yours as well, thanks.
m
m

Old 03-19-2018, 02:29 PM
deeds
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marcodarq
deeds,
how do you know not to use the bt355 in front of the dsp? what makes you say this?
I'm not trying to be an asshat, i truly want to know the reasoning behind your statement. as the bt355 is an eq filter and low level converter, how would it have a negative effect on anything? were you told this by someone? have you tried it out? if someone made that recomendation to you, who was it?
T said he was hesitant to go cutting up a rushmore harness and i can uderstand that statement, but i'd like to try to understand yours as well, thanks.
m
m
That's what I was told by Garage Bagger Stereo. The owner of Americanhardbag.com expressed the same thing on a post on Facebook from January 20th when someone asked the same question, saying:
"Don't use a line leveler of any type with the DSR1. The DSR1 has a high balanced voltage input that is far superior. The only thing that you need to add is a 30 ohm load resistor across the positive and negative leads of each speaker output of the radio."

So if you want to use it, be my guest; but do so at your own risk.

Also, you don't necessarily have to "hack" into your factory wiring. There's HD factory plugs that you can buy (not from HD) and use those to bypass cutting anything. You can buy the pre-built harnesses with plugs and resistors for $70 from AHB and more than that from GBS. You can build your own if you know what you're doing; they don't cost but $1-$2 a plug, a couple bucks for 10 resistors and the cost of the wiring, soldering and heat shrinking and your time to do it.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:37 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 725 Likes on 571 Posts

check this page out https://www.americanhardbag.com/page...load-resistors.
that being said, the dsr1 has high level input capability, i just read the install instructions and while it shows rca connectors going into the unit, the switch tells the unit whether or not to run high level or low level input, so that being said, wire in your resistors, should be pretty cheap for the resistors, at that point you can use some sort of loc to convert to rca's if you want, or you can trim off the rca connector from the input harness and connect your speaker leads directly to the wires on the input harness and set your selector switch to high level....if i'm not mistaken RF has short little speaker harnesses, pre-made that have the stock style molex connector that would plug into the stock bike harness and convert to an rca end if you did't want to trim the ends on the input harness to the DSR1...wheather or not the signal is hi or low level is the important thing( bassed on switch position), some people just get unsure about cutting things up. if it were me, and i was not looking to spend any more money than i had to, i would get the resistors and wire them into the stock harness, trim the connectors from both the bike and the dsr1 harness and make the connections, then confirm that the switch was set on hi level input.
m
ARC Audio also has a suggestion to wire in these resistors,,,https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...86227580707831
this was what i posted up @ #7 in the thread
then are we not on the same page??
m

Last edited by marcodarq; 03-19-2018 at 02:38 PM.