Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revamp System, SPENT my Money ... Almost done

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 07:18 AM
Bootsie
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Revamp System, SPENT my Money ... Almost done

Well its been a long road getting the bike completly rebuilt and all painted. But its getting close to done.

Went with all DD up front. 4-6.5s and 2 Tweets. Installed two SS PN4's in the fairing, 1 amp is running the 6.5s and the other is tweets and my 6x9s in the lids. Will replace those soon. All I have left is finish mounting the speakers and grills. Then wire up speakers. Had a couple questions

Looking at picture anyone know of a kit I could use to mount this headunit? Right now its just stuffed in there, no trim piece or bolts holding it in
I only have 3 outputs on the HeadUnit but would need to run to 4 channels. Am I missing something?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:19 AM
WVJarhead
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What model head unit are you using?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:23 AM
Bootsie
Advanced

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

Old 07-23-2018, 08:37 AM
WVJarhead
Advanced

There should be three sets of RCA outputs stacked on top of each other. The top would be your front two channels, the middle would be your rear two channels, and the bottom would be for a subwoofer output (not needed in your case).

Old 07-23-2018, 09:07 AM
WVJarhead
Advanced

Forgot to mention, you would use RCA "Y" splitters to run the signals to your amps.

There are several ways you could run the signals:
1. Split the signals of all four channels at the head unit and run RCAs to all four channels of each amp.
2. Run a RCA cable from the front two channels of the head unit to the amp for the four 6.5s and then use RCA splitters to go into the amps four inputs. Then run a RCA cable from the rear two channels of the head unit to the amp for the horns and 6x9s and then use RCA splitters to go into the amps four channels.
3. I am sure the gurus on here have more ways to wire it-these are what came to mind first.

The following users liked this post:
Bootsie (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Bootsie
Advanced

Originally Posted by WVJarhead
Forgot to mention, you would use RCA "Y" splitters to run the signals to your amps.

There are several ways you could run the signals:
1. Split the signals of all four channels at the head unit and run RCAs to all four channels of each amp.
2. Run a RCA cable from the front two channels of the head unit to the amp for the four 6.5s and then use RCA splitters to go into the amps four inputs. Then run a RCA cable from the rear two channels of the head unit to the amp for the horns and 6x9s and then use RCA splitters to go into the amps four channels.
3. I am sure the gurus on here have more ways to wire it-these are what came to mind first.

I was thinking about splitting the signals as well. The inner fairing is getting plump full! ha