Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackfriday

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 12:08 PM
dbdicker
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm gonna pipe up, cuz I'm looking for some ideas and help -- and I think I know where I'm going. I'm going to only do 2 channel, upgrading the stock setup in my 16 SG.

So -- I got a good deal on a Focal FDP sport amp -- (call Louie at ABT and save about $150 on retail) -- and going to also call Biketronics for speaker brackets and line levelers -- also wondering if I'll save a few $$ waiting for cybermonday --- NOW - need a speaker -- think I'm headed for the Faital coax -- cuz it's easy install in my batwing fairing without cutting and doesn't need outboard xovers.

Anyone want to comment on where I'm going? other ideas? am I on the right track? THANKS!

Old 11-20-2018, 12:50 PM
Shanewinstead@yahoo.com
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbdicker
I'm gonna pipe up, cuz I'm looking for some ideas and help -- and I think I know where I'm going. I'm going to only do 2 channel, upgrading the stock setup in my 16 SG.

So -- I got a good deal on a Focal FDP sport amp -- (call Louie at ABT and save about $150 on retail) -- and going to also call Biketronics for speaker brackets and line levelers -- also wondering if I'll save a few $$ waiting for cybermonday --- NOW - need a speaker -- think I'm headed for the Faital coax -- cuz it's easy install in my batwing fairing without cutting and doesn't need outboard xovers.

Anyone want to comment on where I'm going? other ideas? am I on the right track? THANKS!
well I was leaning more towards a plug and play setup. But what I'm wanting is something way better than the stock setup and by what I mean is better sound. Not looking for noting to wake the neighborhood but something solid and clear sounding. And something I don't have to go have my HU flashed. But prefer not to have to splice or cut anything.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:09 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

So you get the BT line leveler that’s plug and play. You will need
a set of rcas to go from that you your amp. From there it’s power and ground from battery to amp
and some speaker wire to the new speakers. So leaves it pretty wide open for an amp
and if you are gonna use a dsp then you will need a couple more rcas. Lots of options to get what you want
I would just steer clear of that BT amp.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Shanewinstead@yahoo.com
Advanced

Thanks French is you been a big help. Any recommendations on speakers

Old 11-20-2018, 03:05 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Where are you at in Mississippi Shane?

Old 11-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Shanewinstead@yahoo.com
Advanced

Gulfport

Old 11-20-2018, 03:14 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Go and talk to Brad Ball at Country Boy Toys (Cycle Lab) at 820 Pass Rd and tell him I sent you. He can give you a first hand look and listen for anything from mild to wild.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:20 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by dbdicker

The Faital coax will fit in the fairing pods but you still need a xover. I would suggest a dsp instead.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:33 PM
Shanewinstead@yahoo.com
Advanced

Thanks Bates went and talked to Brad super great guy. Thanks for the help

Old 11-20-2018, 06:49 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

You're welcome. Lemme know how it works out.

Quick Reply: Blackfriday