Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 01:03 AM
countylaw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System upgrade

Right now I have DD Audio DX6.5A’s in my fairing and rear pods. I have a Diamond Micro 4V2 running those. I don’t like how it sounds. I am looking for a 4 speaker setup for my fairing and rear pods. This is what I was thinking and don’t know how well it would work:

Arc Audio Moto 602 in the fairing with the diamond amp bridged to two channel to push those.

Get a set of Hertz SV165.1 for the rear with another diamond amp bridged to push those.

I have the Sony XAV 100 HU.

Just bought this bike. 2018 ultra classic.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:47 PM
countylaw
Intermediate

Friend of mine has a set of MMats PA601.cx and a set of PA601 for sale that he is giving me a great deal on. How would the cx in the fairing and the other 601 sound in the TP all ran by the diamond amp?

Old 05-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Paul32730
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Speakers

I can't tell you about the CX speakers from personal experience yet, but I have the 601.4s in my lowers and they sound great. I've done a lot of reading here and the CX speakers are getting a lot of good reviews and recommendations. I'm planning on replacing the Polk Audio DB651s in my fairing with a set of the 601.4cx in the near future.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:00 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by countylaw
Right now I have DD Audio DX6.5A’s in my fairing and rear pods. I have a Diamond Micro 4V2 running those. I don’t like how it sounds. I am looking for a 4 speaker setup for my fairing and rear pods. This is what I was thinking and don’t know how well it would work:

Arc Audio Moto 602 in the fairing with the diamond amp bridged to two channel to push those.

Get a set of Hertz SV165.1 for the rear with another diamond amp bridged to push those.

I have the Sony XAV 100 HU.

Just bought this bike. 2018 ultra classic.
Just what don't you like about your setup? It may be just a tuning issue.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:16 AM
countylaw
Intermediate

On my last bike, a 2016 Road Glide Special, I had that amp running a set of Rockford Fosgate 6.5 and Memphis Mojo bullets. It was really loud. It seems the set up I have isn’t as loud but the SQ is better. Maybe I’m looking for a little louder than my setup now with better SQ than the Rockford I used to have.

Maybe its just me lol. It’s not like the DD’s don’t get loud, my wife thinks there are too much highs coming from the rear. I guess that’s why I was thinking about the cx in the front and the regular 601’s in the TP.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:29 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

On my last bike, a 2016 Road Glide Special, I had that amp running a set of Rockford Fosgate 6.5 and Memphis Mojo bullets. It was really loud. It seems the set up I have isn’t as loud but the SQ is better. Maybe I’m looking for a little louder than my setup now with better SQ than the Rockford I used to have.

Maybe its just me lol. It’s not like the DD’s don’t get loud, my wife thinks there are too much highs coming from the rear. I guess that’s why I was thinking about the cx in the front and the regular 601’s in the TP.
I just got my ears on a set of the mmats 601cx this weekend and they do sound good. I don't think you would go wrong with them in the tp. I also heard the new arc 602hd and they are junk. plastic baskets and the drive looks like a boom speaker. The baskets warped when installed. Arc 602 old versions are unreliable and have a history of blowing. If it were me, I would stay away from them.
If the highs are too loud, try backing the gains down and/or in the eq screen of the sony, back the high end down until the highs are acceptable.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:02 PM
countylaw
Intermediate
Default Soundstream PN4.520D

Sorry for the long delay. Works been crazy. A friend of mine did some bartering and I got my hands on some WDX6moto’s. If I bought a Soundstream PN4.520D would that push the Motos and a the set of DD Audios I already have better than the Diamond Audio micro 4v2 I already have?

Old 05-29-2019, 01:44 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

I don't think swapping those two particular amps will be a eureka moment. They are similarly powered.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:19 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

Mmats 601s won't fit in the TP pods without a pretty hefty spacer. Even with V-Twin pod adaptors, the magnet hits inside the pod.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:55 PM
mrmagloo
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 67 Posts

Sorry for the long delay. Works been crazy. A friend of mine did some bartering and I got my hands on some WDX6moto’s. If I bought a Soundstream PN4.520D would that push the Motos and a the set of DD Audios I already have better than the Diamond Audio micro 4v2 I already have?
I'd also mention that if those are the first Gen Moto's, folks report they are pretty bright, and not in a good to the ear way. Some have even said the highs are harsh. I've heard of folks taming them with tuning successfully. I have the Gen 2's I just installed that are supposed to be much more balanced and although I don't have a very warm amp, the G2's are just on the edge of being too bright as well. I might have to get a DSP to get them fully in the good to great range. Still working on it.

Last edited by mrmagloo; 05-29-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: System upgrade