Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear speaker outputs..?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Chilliwack-UltraClassic
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear speaker outputs..?

I have seen mixed answers as to if my bike has rear speaker outputs at the connector on the back of my stock head unit.
Also if they are there are they just low level outputs for an external amp? Or are they direct to the speaker?
If there is specific rear speaker pins in my stock harness plug on the back of head unit, what pin wire colors would be for the rears?
And if there is an external amp for rear speakers what wires are power and ground? (if applicable)
What i would like to do is wire in an aftermarket stereo to replace my Cassette deck. I am wanting USB/AUX capability..
I was looking at the plug and play harness for Sony that biketronics has and it only seems to use front speaker signal from head unit...The other speaker wires of the harness from them are tied off..?
Any Help on these topics would be a great help, and i will be glad to share any information i can add once i complete the project.

Bike is 2000 Ultra Classic FHTCUI - Thanx again

Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

if you've got rear speaker outputs on your bike the colors will be

brown - left rear +
white/brown - left rear -
green - right rear +
light green/brown - right rear -

Originally Posted by Chilliwack-UltraClassic
I have seen mixed answers as to if my bike has rear speaker outputs at the connector on the back of my stock head unit.
Also if they are there are they just low level outputs for an external amp? Or are they direct to the speaker?
If there is specific rear speaker pins in my stock harness plug on the back of head unit, what pin wire colors would be for the rears?
And if there is an external amp for rear speakers what wires are power and ground? (if applicable)
What i would like to do is wire in an aftermarket stereo to replace my Cassette deck. I am wanting USB/AUX capability..
I was looking at the plug and play harness for Sony that biketronics has and it only seems to use front speaker signal from head unit...The other speaker wires of the harness from them are tied off..?
Any Help on these topics would be a great help, and i will be glad to share any information i can add once i complete the project.

Bike is 2000 Ultra Classic FHTCUI - Thanx again

Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Chilliwack-UltraClassic
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much. Really appreciate the response, looking forward to tackling this...

Old 05-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Frogprince
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Ultra is correct. I just did this last night and that was the colors.

If I remember correctly it is pins 3 and 4 for the negative. Pins 10 and 11 for the positive. They are on the right connector coming off of the radio. What I did was cut back the sheathing and splice in about two inches off of the connector.

Good luck.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:42 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Pins 1 and 2 are your left and right rear + wires
Pins 24, 25 are your left and right rear - wires.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 05-06-2013 at 10:11 AM.