Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 03:11 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by SJ_Phil
Before you buy anything, make sure it can handle the vibrations (unique to MC's) and being exposed to weather. That usually means a marine radio. I would never buy a Sony product, period! They're junk. And Sony might well be out of business in the next few years. Talk to the folks at Dragonfly (Google them). They actually talked me out of buying a 4-Ch stereo amp b/c they are releasing a prototypeof a combined unit at Sturgis that will put HogTunes and Hawgwired products to even more shame. As I understand it, the unit will have 300w with THD below .1% That's good dynamic sound! Don't know the price yet. I suspect that any/all sub$500 solutions are going to be "cheap". You get what you pay for. I've seen one guy who bought some cheap-*** stereo and speakers for his Sporty...less than $50. It works...for how long I have no idea. Good luck!

no offense man but really.. Sony is junk? Dude you need to get your head out your ***.. Sony has been around since Christ was born and will be around long after you and I are dead and buried...

I know all about the Aquatic A/V unit that they're releasing as well as many others do here in this forum as well because IT'S BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR MONTHS here
We're all anticipating it's arrival but for you to pop in here the way you did man just kinda sets the wrong tone for your stay here....

Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
kyldh
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
For an 03 EGC and a Sony head unit, you'll need the BT module, part # BT1000 - $197
Ohhh ok, yes, the BT1000 was $200 install kit I mentioned. I was just rounding up a little on the price. Thanks for the info

Old 07-26-2013, 07:54 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
no offense man but really.. Sony is junk? Dude you need to get your head out your ***.. Sony has been around since Christ was born and will be around long after you and I are dead and buried...

I know all about the Aquatic A/V unit that they're releasing as well as many others do here in this forum as well because IT'S BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR MONTHS here
We're all anticipating it's arrival but for you to pop in here the way you did man just kinda sets the wrong tone for your stay here....
Don't mean to interrupt your *** chewing.............LOL.
But what is this Sony "Aquatic A/V unit"you speak of?

Man if I could find a marine grade head unit with 4v pre-outs minimum and a display meant for direct sunlight viewing, HD radio, I would be in heaven!!!

Old 07-26-2013, 08:06 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGelvis
Don't mean to interrupt your *** chewing.............LOL.
But what is this Sony "Aquatic A/V unit"you speak of?

Man if I could find a marine grade head unit with 4v pre-outs minimum and a display meant for direct sunlight viewing, HD radio, I would be in heaven!!!
lol..

DragonFly is working with Aquatic A/V to introduce what appears to be a pretty bad-*** head unit that is IP66 rated (100% water PROOF)and houses all the features you'd ever want including a display you can see in the sunlight, bluetooth, iPod control, etc. along with about 300w of power built in, will plug right into stock HD harnesses with no additional handlebar control module needed, and fits the stock opening like the HD units do. Has nothing to do with Sony, was just making a statement to this guy who has 2 posts and comes here to talk smack about something he apparently knows absolutely nothing about.. LOL