Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rokker XX 6.65'' Fairing Spkr Review for 2014 Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 08:16 PM
austinflhxs
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rokker XX 6.65'' Fairing Spkr Review for 2014 Bagger

Review on JM Corp's Rokker XX 6.65'' Fairing speaker's (part#HCRK-6652TW-RXX).... I bought a pair of these speakers on 12-4-13 online and waited month after month of being told they would "be here soon", "we are waiting on them to come in from Asia", "we had some tooling issues" and "I think they're here let me check" (even when they weren't), to finally receive them on 5-23-14. Once finally received, I opened the quality, nice looking and solidly built white package holding two very well placed, highly anticipated speakers. Although these are made in Asia according to John Lazzeroni's emails to me , the box says origin:US which I thought was interesting and deceptive in a way. Moving further I noticed that each speaker had a blue tag zip tied to the mid range frame that stated "max 277w" which is, I believe, incorrect as the max wattage on these is 217 watts by all available sources and specs on their website and my manual received with the package. Upon further unboxing and inspection, one of the silk dome tweeters was noticed to be indented due to JM packaging practices. I immediately told John and their orders dept. via email and phone call and they told me to use scotch tape to pull it back out and it would be fine once I played the speakers for an hour. Once I got them installed, I updated my Rokker XT-P 250w 2 channel, 2 ohm amp (part # JAMP-250HC14P), using one of their dongles to the latest DSP amp update for these specific speakers. Coming from the harley boom speakers with JM amp, upon first listen these speakers were much, much louder. The bass is much better and crisper. The tweeters seem clear and decent but nothing out of this world. The overall sound at speed is pretty powerful and much easier to hear than my previous boom audio speakers even using my JM amp with a dsp setting for the harley speakers. I can actually hear the words to the song and don't feel like I am going to blow my speakers (which I did using boom speakers on JM amp, even when turned down). The speaker grills are quality and to me look better than the harley upgraded boom audio grills. The actual speakers themselves are much heavier and better built than the harley boom upgraded speakers for my bike ($199.99). Overall, despite my communication issues with John and JM Corp staff, I believe these speakers are well built and deliver pretty good sound for my application using only two speakers on my 14 street glide. If any of you have questions or have experience with these speakers please post them here.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:28 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

austinflhxs ,,,,,,,,

really not much I can say but thank you for the honest review ,,,,,,

I also want to apologize for the time it took us to get these new speakers from our vendor in China, as it was a real engineering challenge to get them just right and deal with the tweeter ring AND the new grills to go with them ,,,,,

as for the final specs ,,,, when the speakers were finished we realized that they would handle 277w max power, instead of the original estimated 217w ,,,, RMS continuous power is still rated at a conservative 156w RMS ,,,,,

these new speakers have also been thru my own personal "torture-test" prior to release ,,,, which is 14 straight hours of playing at wide open volume, connected to a 500w RMS ROKKER XTP amplifier, with the gains increased to 20% ABOVE normal settings,,,,

as for the made-in-china decal, it is printed right on that blue tag attached to the speaker ,,,,

where did you find something printed with a US origin as far as content ?

Old 05-26-2014, 08:55 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Well there ya go!!!! Another j&m bike with " pretty good sound". just out of curiosity how much money have you spent to get to the point of "pretty good"?

Last edited by ridedaddy; 05-26-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:16 PM
mikeman54
Supporter

Originally Posted by ridedaddy
Well there ya go!!!! Another j&m bike with " pretty good sound". just out of curiosity how much money have you spent to get to the point of "pretty good"?
$$$$.$$,but you got decent sound.Not Great,Wish I had deep pockets

Old 05-26-2014, 09:31 PM
austinflhxs
Novice

John,

Glad to hear on the increased 277W spec. As for the US Origin marking; this was both on my receipt and on the nice white box's seal the two speakers came in.

To those who have chimed in already.....,

"Pretty good" is generally speaking because i am **** and hard to please and believe in highest quality along with highest level of customer service. The speakers are worth it and make quality, powerful sound. They are much better in terms of quality and sound than both the stock set up i had and also the boom audio speakers i paid 199.99 for and hooked up to Jm Audio's 250W amp. Yes they cost a decent amount of money but they were worth it in my opinion compared to other options i had. My approach to this thread is for others who have experience with this product to post reviews of these speakers/ set up.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:54 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

austinflhxs ,,,,,,

the US Country of Origin (COO) designation is not the same as where one of the components is actually made ,,,,,,,

the J&M ROKKER XX speakers KITS for the 2014 Harley, have the required amount of USA monetary content ((a customs formula)) to qualify as US Country of Origin under NAFTA ,,,,,

that is why the invoice and label show as US country of origin even thought the actual label on the speaker still indicates that it is made in China ,,,,,,

this is even confusing to ME !!!

Old 05-29-2014, 05:35 PM
austinflhxs
Novice

JMJohn,

Makes sense....

Lets see if we can some other 2014 Rokker 6.65" reviews on here......

Old 05-30-2014, 01:12 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

well ,,, I certainly welcome them ,,,,,,,,

we have sent out around 2500 pair of the new 6.65" ROKKER XXs so far in the last couple of weeks ,,,,, but it takes time for the pipeline to fill up ,,,,,,,

I would imagine that more than one HDforum member has them installed by now,,,,,,,

could be that they are timid about posting about it here, so that some of the residents don't slam them all over the place ,,,,,,