Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Aerocharger Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Aerocharger_jerry
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all - some of the Aerodyne Aerocharger literature, courtesy HDGrumpy can now be downloaded from our website at www.aerocharger.com/documents.php. Those turbos were manufactured by a separate division when Aerocharger was under different ownership, and unfortunately we don't have much by way of documentation for that generation. Hope this can be of some help!

Old 06-05-2012, 02:54 AM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Be aware that that manual is missing the original page number 9, even though the install bullets do not show a gap. So it's not actually complete.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Myrolex
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerocharger Instructions

Originally Posted by hdgrumpy
are you still looking for the older mamual? i could send one if youd like even have two more units on for sporty and one danna
Hi my name is Thomas and I could really use the areocharger Manual if you still have it my email address is Etomshelton@gmail.com if you would also please send me one , I have 98 Dyna with center Plenum

Old 03-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Myrolex
Stage II
Default Areocharger install manuals

I still need help with fuel and vacuum line set up on aero charger if anyone can help with instructions I would really appreciate that so much email me at etomshelton@gmail.com thank you guys so much

Old 05-25-2020, 05:40 PM
birdjky
Stage II

i found this on forum,i am having issues with early aerocharger turbo on 94 bagger i have had for over 15 years with no issues but now needs some attention. hoping to find someone with original manuel,instructions,or knowledge that can be of help. can anyone steer me to someone with info. thanks jimmy yelton phone 704 829 0300 e mail yelton1@hotmail.com.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:03 PM
usturbine
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jimmy what issues are you having? I still have 2 of them one from my 94 Ultra and onme on my 05 Vrod and my brother has one on his 95 Ultra but its been sitting for a few years since he has other newer bikes now!!!

Old 05-30-2020, 02:38 PM
birdjky
Stage II

Originally Posted by usturbine
Jimmy what issues are you having? I still have 2 of them one from my 94 Ultra and onme on my 05 Vrod and my brother has one on his 95 Ultra but its been sitting for a few years since he has other newer bikes now!!!
new fuel lines were put on now it seems that i have excessive fuel pressure not sure i have not got bypass line and fuel supply line to carb in wrong place. also small hose that goes from fuel regulator to plenum that goes on carb is letting fuel into plenum through this hose. also there is some type of valve or maybe some type of regulator in bypass line going back to crossover on fuel tank,i do not understand what this is for as i always vent bypass back to fuel tank on other vehicles.any help or info would be appreciated as this system has worked so well for the 15+ years i have owned this bagger i really want to keep it on bike.thanks jimmy yelton.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:16 AM
usturbine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by birdjky
new fuel lines were put on now it seems that i have excessive fuel pressure not sure i have not got bypass line and fuel supply line to carb in wrong place. also small hose that goes from fuel regulator to plenum that goes on carb is letting fuel into plenum through this hose. also there is some type of valve or maybe some type of regulator in bypass line going back to crossover on fuel tank,i do not understand what this is for as i always vent bypass back to fuel tank on other vehicles.any help or info would be appreciated as this system has worked so well for the 15+ years i have owned this bagger i really want to keep it on bike.thanks jimmy yelton.
Jimmy sorry for the late reply have been busy! It sounds like you have the fuel lines connected incorrectly like you said?? The system is setup with the fuel pump and a pressure regulator with bypass!! If you have the original setup the regulator should be a cone type device red in color and we called it the Redtop regulator! It should have an inlet for the line coming from the output of the fuel pump an outlet to the carb and an outlet for bypass that goes to the crossover line between the tanks and a small brass nippple that the pressure sensing line goes to from the plenum! The regulator is to allow enough fuel flow above boost to keep the carb float bowl at the correct fuel level to prevent starving fuel to the engine! The excess fuel is bypassed back to the tank!
The way it works is when the pump is running the regulator bypasses fuel to the tank and the float in the carb keeps a normal level and excess fuel is bypassed to the crossover line between the tanks! When the turbo builds boost the pressure line from the Plenum to the regulator opens the regulator to allow the correct amount of fuel to flow to the carb to keep the carb bowl at the correct level and any excess fuel is bypassed to the tank thru the crossover line!!!
Hope this helps! Not sure why you are seeing out the Plenum pressure line unless the regulator has failed? I may have one on some old spares but would have to look!! I installed 6 of these kits on baggers back in 96 and 97 and still have 2 of them and one on my Vrod with a total accumulated miles over 200,000 with no problems except those I created looking for more power???

Old 12-11-2020, 02:04 PM
xmotox
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
Hope I'm responding to the correct post. Looking for aerocharger manual for the CV version. Had a non vented bowl on that is shot. Going to install a vented bowl CV. Been on the bike for about 20 years with only one rebuild. Great turbo.

Thanks
Ron
willisracing119@yahoo.com

Old 12-11-2020, 03:07 PM
usturbine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by xmotox
Hi,
Hope I'm responding to the correct post. Looking for aerocharger manual for the CV version. Had a non vented bowl on that is shot. Going to install a vented bowl CV. Been on the bike for about 20 years with only one rebuild. Great turbo.

Thanks
Ron
willisracing119@yahoo.com
Ron

I only have the one for the Mikiuni carb but the OEM at the time was local and he gave me the revised center-port plenum and I gave him my modified NA CV carb and he gave me a new stock CV and I think the only mod was to put a rubber vacuum plug on the vent and secure it with a small tie wrap so it didn't blow off?? I am still in touch with him so will message him and see if he responds! Oh yea i think we may have changed the needle position but you can check that against the one you have!

Ron

Just heard from the original owner that produced and sold the kits back in the 90's when I bought 6 of them and installed on friends bikes!! He was not the primary on the design and the fellow that worked for him then has now moved on to a NASCAR gig! As he recalls he thinks they stretched the stock slide spring to 3 inch free length and may have had a special cut taper on the slide needle but that could have been only in the Mikiuni he is not sure? The float bowl will also need to be plugged and a vacuum rubber plug should work with a small tie wrap around it allow pressurizing the float bowl without leaking? If you have the original Aerocharger CV carb you can check or swap the spring and slide needle??

Hope this helps

Dennis

Last edited by usturbine; 12-11-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Aerocharger Manual?