Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 12:39 PM
JuanCarlosOrtiz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats?

I am looking for a new seat. A 2 up is best, but can do a solo with passenger pillion. I currently have a lepera bare bones and its killing me. I like the narrow profile of it, but the vibrations are rough. The factory seat was okay, but pushed me too far forward.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:48 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Of course every tush is different so you'll be receiving a ton of information.

I've tried the Mustang Vintage solo that many people love (comes in a two up version as well), I'm a smaller guy (5'7) and it cut off the circulation down one leg, just a weird pinched nerve I guess. Went to a Danny Gray Weekday and was very comfortable with that style.

Now I have a C&C Square back, good for the occasional 2 up but if doing a lot of double riding I would look at the SportTour which is the same shape but wider seat for the passenger.

C&C makes each seat custom, but the pricing is extremely reasonable. Regular cover with diamond stitching was in the same ball park price wise as a good mustang. Great seat and very good service. I had mine within 10 days of order. They are a little stiffer than some standard seats which I like but the more its used the better it gets! I would call the order in before doing it online though as I've heard that the service is faster that way (I called). Pleasure to deal with them.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:22 PM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have a c&c sport tour with back rest i am going to sell since i just traded in my dyna. would give a good price its the seat in my sig pic. it does have orange flame stitching but its a kickass seat

Old 01-17-2015, 03:20 PM
bessee
Intermediate
Default Corbin classic solo w/ Pillion pad

One of the finest seats made. I had one on the last two bikes. You get a variety of material and color choices plus stitching options, fitment options, etc. Large seating surfaces. These are thin line seats built using a closed cell foam. Each seat is hand assembled and fit by means of a few questions they ask on the order form. Firm seat at first and probably take a few miles to get it broken in for your butt,...from that point on you can ride for hours at a time. I'll never again ride on any other seat again.

They ARE a little on the pricey end but you get the top of the line, bar none. Not anywhere near the money spent on one, two or three mistakes. If you ride 300-400 miles on a day trip like I do you owe it to yourself to get the best. If you spend several thousand bucks on a bike and the appropriate accessories and options why quibble over a couple hundred bucks extra on a seat? Think about it, probably the most overlooked option on most bikes and the most used single option. After riding on it you'll be asking yourself why the factory even bothers with the OEM seats.

You can buy it as the solo seat alone but I'd order it with the pillion because the combination looks good and it's a comfy seat for your two-up partner as well. The mounting system affords you a quick dismount of the pillion if you're riding solo. Fits all the standard quick-fit sissy bar options no problem.

You'll thank me when we meet up on the road!

Old 01-17-2015, 03:42 PM
CajunIron
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree why does HD even bother making seats. You think it be more cost effective to outsource it to a reputable manufacturer then those leather wrapped bricks they put on their bikes.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Gnasher
Intermediate

i have a Lapera daytona sport. best looking 2up seat imo and very comfortable, has great back support for me and my girl says its comfortable enough for her. weve been on a couple 2-3 hour trips and they were easy. 10/10

Old 01-17-2015, 04:16 PM
dyna bomb
Cruiser

I have the 2 up corbin rumble seat! Most will say they hate the looks but it comes with a backrest built in. My wife thinks it's comfy and the riders seat is comfy too. Give corbin a look. Not cheap but very good quality

Old 01-18-2015, 01:13 AM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Mustang Wide Day Tripper has been great for me. I have done many 600 mile days and have no complaints. Love the looks too (I really like the low profile and the diamond stitch). I've been told the passenger pillion is comfortable as well.

Seats?-dsc01612.jpg

Seats?-dsc01613.jpg

Seats?-dsc01614.jpg

Seats?-dsc01154.jpg

Seats?-dsc01146.jpg

Old 01-18-2015, 06:29 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to give another shout out for C&C. I have their Fastback. Love it ,locks you in the drivers seat. How ever there is not a much padding in the back. Ok for around town trips, but I'm told that's about it. So look at the other couple options same front different back. Oh when ordering there standard seat is about 1"back from stock. I wanted to come forward a 1" so I ordered a +2. Worked out perfect. I'm on a 2011 Wg.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:56 AM
dmpjr
Tourer

I love my Mustangs Vintage Wide.

Quick Reply: Seats?