speedo and LCD intermittent - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.

speedo and LCD intermittent

Old 01-11-2019, 10:37 AM
supermanotorious
One Of The Regulars
Default speedo and LCD intermittent

Just a day ago I noticed the speedo and LCD were not working, the needle stayed at zero, the LCD blank, but then they'd both flicker at low speed while hitting some bumps, now if it comes on at all, it's while stopped, now I did clean the sensor at the transmission cover and that did not fix it, the trim ring to the bezel is lit up so I'm getting power there, any ideas? I will say the needle and LCD are either working or not in tandem

Old 01-11-2019, 12:56 PM
nevil
Ultimate HDF Member

Start at the connections at the back of the speedo and work your way from there. Look for anything loose, pinched or worn. Also check your battery cables at the battery terminals and ground.

Old 01-11-2019, 01:12 PM
supermanotorious
One Of The Regulars

Word, checked the connection at back of speedo, looks ok

Last edited by supermanotorious; 01-11-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:47 PM
F86
Club Member

Check the under-seat connections too... I know the tach connects under there, and the speedo probably does as well. Also check the speed sensor connection on top of the tranny. I'm not sure that would cause this behavior, but it makes sense to me.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:49 PM
supermanotorious
One Of The Regulars

Iíll tinker with it tonight but one observation from my ride home from work is that it goes out when the RPMs climb, not to do w speed. If in neutral and I rev it flickers out, maybe someone knows more?

Old 01-12-2019, 11:20 AM
supermanotorious
One Of The Regulars

I checked all the plugs and did not see anything obvious. Could the unit itself be going bad? Here is a video demonstration.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: