Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Size

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:51 AM
wolfydude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Size

Hi,
I have a 2007 Dyna Superglide Custom,im thinking of changing my headlight and i was wondering if anyone knows what size i can fit (Larger).
Wolfy

Old 01-12-2008, 04:56 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Size

This is the one I used on my 06 FXDI:

[/align][/align]5.75" x 7"[/align][/align]$95.00 shipped[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23085/015EB2E41B944F838D2086945BEA7EA3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2008, 06:16 AM
wolfydude
Cruiser

Thanks for adding the photo of the headlight,that design is just what im after,i live in UK so i will try and search UK shops online to see if i can find it.as im not sure if UK lights are the same as other countries.
Cheers
Wolfy
ORIGINAL: jmpancoast

This is the one I used on my 06 FXDI:

[/align][/align]5.75" x 7"[/align][/align]$95.00 shipped[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23085/015EB2E41B944F838D2086945BEA7EA3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2008, 07:55 AM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: wolfydude

Hi,
I have a 2007 Dyna Superglide Custom,im thinking of changing my headlight and i was wondering if anyone knows what size i can fit (Larger).
Wolfy
Wolfy:

See my sig pic (attached). This is a 5-3/4" X 8" Viper headlight I got off Ebay from Eastern Performance, a forum sponsor. It was ~ $95.00 american w/ free shipping. I did have to use an offset mount that cost ~ $15.00 to make sure it didn't interfere with the fork stem. Took me less than an hour to put on, including removal of stock one, soldering of wires and aiming once completed. I can shoot some closer photos if you need more detail.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Sarge4life
Road Captain

You can fit just about any size you want. It is all a matter of what kind of mount you use. Most 7" long lights should clear your neck without too much of an offset mount.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:47 AM
wolfydude
Cruiser

Thanks for all the information and photo's added togive me some ideas,just found out i cant use a headlight from USA as we ride on different side of the road,so the beam would be blinding the other traffic.
Cheers
Wolfy

Old 01-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can adjust the lamp so that it wouldn't blind oncoming drivers but you'd fail the MOT because it would dip the wrong way. They spot it straight away.

If you put a bit of tape (or a beam deflector) on the lens, like you do when you go abroad, they can't fail you. I had to do this when I bought a headlamp lens at an autojumble and it was right hand dip. The old style round Lucas lenses have L/H or R/H embossed on the glass. I don't know if other manufacturers do it. You need one with a L/H dip.

It's the prism pattern on the glass that bends the beam to dip it left or right. Some motorcycle lamps dip straight down and they are OK for driving on either side of the road as long as you can adjust the lamp to the left or right.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:52 PM
wolfydude
Cruiser

Steve cheers for the info.
Wolfy

Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 PM
squeeech
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

G'day, Same in Ozzie land, ( the USA stuff is out), try this ...... buy the OEM wide glide chrome bullet ( sort of) shell only ..... and you can use your original lens and rim. You also need the block / stool and a wider bolt. you could add the "HD visor ring" and it should look even better.. ( i haven't tried it yet cause just the shell costs $375 - the yanks don't know how lucky they are ..... $$$$$$ ) !

Graham 06 dyna.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
wolfydude
Cruiser

Hi Graham,
Thanks for the info on the headlight.
Its the same over here in Northern Ireland the price of parts are more than double USA prices ,and thats for metric bike parts also,i used to buy all my parts in the USA,but recently the shop website in USA seem to be charging real high prices for postage,yet when i buy from an Ebay USAsellers the postage in USA is next to nothing.
Greatpeople them USA ebayers
Wolfy

Quick Reply: Headlight Size