Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ghost Bracket Install Idea?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:48 AM
jasononaharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghost Bracket Install Idea?

Hey guys!

I'm in the process of installing Ghost Brackets on my 07 FXD (using OEM Bags). I sure wish I knew about this forum prior to going this route. Anyway, I did not like the way the brackets mounted to the bag (far from flush), so I popped out the rivets that hold the HD's OEM support bar on the back. They are still off, but a little better - nothing a few washers can not resolve.

As I do a test run of the brackets on the bike, I can see how silly looking the bags will look mounted because of the distance from the fender and the concave for the shocks. Yes this solution works great for practicality of easy on/easy off, but bleh for looks...

Last night I had a brain fart. Has anyone taken the keepers and mounted them in the reverse direction? It looks like it will bring the bags in a tad closer to the fenders. I thought maybe a problem would arise with the locking mechanism, but taking the keepers and sliding them in the brackets (not mounted on the bike) showed there is plenty of clearance there.

Any thoughts or experiences from this will go appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason