Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna low rider VS Sporty

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dyna low rider VS Sporty

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

Skip 'em both and get a Touring model. You will love being able to carry more than a pocket comb for gear.

No kidding.....Yesterday, I was at a gas station taking a break when a guy pulled in on a Sporty. He came in got a can of Dr. Pepper, went out and strapped it to the back of his seat with two bungee cords. I would have love to have gotten a pic of that.
Sometimes minimalismenhances the experience of motorcycling. After all, the first motorcycle everwas not setup as a touring bike. Each person gets out of the experience what they are seeking.

Bart

Old 05-04-2008, 08:58 AM
mikedmeyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: wescoot2

ORIGINAL: rambobob

Seems like people trade up from sporties pretty quick after purchase.
+1

The best way I can describe the difference between the 2 bikes.....

Sporty you ride ON..

Dyna you ride IN..

Respects,
Ed
What's interesting about this is that on the Softail forum, when someone asked should he get a Softail or a Dyna, there were responses that said "A Dyna you ride ON, a Softail you ride IN." I thought then what I think now - why would someone want to ride "IN" a motorcycle?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

Skip 'em both and get a Touring model. You will love being able to carry more than a pocket comb for gear.

No kidding.....Yesterday, I was at a gas station taking a break when a guy pulled in on a Sporty. He came in got a can of Dr. Pepper, went out and strapped it to the back of his seat with two bungee cords. I would have love to have gotten a pic of that.
Kind of like this,

I love my sporty, but I needed a bike with more range and I did not want to mess with the looks of the N by putting on a 4.5 gallon tank. The N is very light and quick compared to the St Bob but there is no comparisonin ride quality, the St Bob wins hands down and I even tuned the suspension pretty good on the N. I am also kind of cramped on the N for the long haul, however, a better seat that sits you back a little would help with that. They both are great bikes. The N is going up for sale as soon as I get the title.
CB

Old 05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Respects,
Ed
[/quote]

What's interesting about this is that on the Softail forum, when someone asked should he get a Softail or a Dyna, there were responses that said "A Dyna you ride ON, a Softail you ride IN." I thought then what I think now - why would someone want to ride "IN" a motorcycle?

[/quote]

Today the Softail Rodebehind the Dyna.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:49 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member

I got back into riding last year at this time after 40 years off. Used to have a 650 Triumph and bought an 03 XLH. Rode it for 3 months and sold it for a small profitto buy an 02 Lowrider. No comparison in comfort and this thing handles almostas well as the Sporty. It's faster and I can ride 10 hours a day on it. Two hours on the Sportster was a killer on my azz, even with the pillowed touring seat (not the nicest looking of seats either).
Will ride the Lowrider this year, but will most likely be selling it to buy a Street Glide or Road King. Should come out OK in that most of the money I dumped into the Lowrider has been for comfort, touringand speed, very little on chrome. It's a great bike and can be bagged up like a mini Road King. Full dress, my carrying capacity is almost equal to one.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Get the LR you won't regret it.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

Plus, the way I ride is closer to what the Sporty was designed for, oh well.
This is the point. Get what suits you and your type of riding. Of course, sometimes it takes a little while to figure out what your style of riding is, so there are no guarantees. I like the Dyna because I think it's the most versatile Harley- a little of everything. Good luck deciding.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:37 AM
ken01976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats like asking if you should get a little tikes pedal tractor or a John Deere Full sized lawn tractor.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:45 AM
tazman509
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had both. Go with the Dyna. You will end up trading in the Sporty after a short time. Dyna will suit you for years to come.