Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RESULTS OF XIED INSTALLATION ON 07 FXD

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: RESULTS OF XIED INSTALLATION ON 07 FXD

Rawhide,
I spoke to Stephen Mullen today at Nightrider for a little while. From what he said, I shouldn't expect any conflict between the FuelPak and the XIEDs, so I am going to give it a go. I ordered a set this afternoon and will try them with, then without the FP to see if there is a difference. For $85 including shipping I think it is definitely worth the try. He explained the significance of the closed loop/open loop cycle in terms I could understand. His explanation was that the FP only alters the AFR in the open loop cycle (at open throttle) so will not solve my high temps since I drive pretty conservatively, whereas the XIED (or IED) will adjust AFR over the entire throttle range. I was pretty impressed with his candor and really impressed with the $20 military discount.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:12 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: RESULTS OF XIED INSTALLATION ON 07 FXD

After re-reading juvs2ride's post: "The heat difference seems noticable, The motor is smoother, snappier for sure. I'd reccomend this to anyone. Night Rider says these alter the the air/fuel ratio to 13.8 in closed loop mode which I understand is under 4000 rpm and up to 50% throttle. I don't know about you, but I don't do much riding outside of this range" I realized this is what Stephen was telling me with some expanded explanation.