Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Louder than stock?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louder than stock?

Hi Dudes,
&nbsp\\;
Am wondering if I only for now want my bike(07 bob)&nbsp\\;a little louder than stock, can I just add slip ons without the stage 1 upgrade pkg.&nbsp\\; Prefer not cost right now but would like a little more rumble!&nbsp\\; thanks to all

Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 PM
streetbobby
Advanced
Default RE: Louder than stock?

You can add slip ons without a stage one.....Ive had no problems at all.&nbsp\\; Also if you dont want to spend the money for slipons but want more sound.....just drill out the baffles on your stock pipes.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:41 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got Vance &amp\\; Hines Straight Shot slipons and added the "quiet" baffles to get rid of the rasp (more rumble) and to provide a bit more back pressure for mid range torque.&nbsp\\; No stage 1 but recently added the XiED fuel enrichment devices from Nightrider.com.&nbsp\\; That mod is a very well spent $100.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 AM
saltybull
Cruiser

Yes you can add Rush 2.0 or smaller baffles or Older SEII baffles (bought from ebay) without changing ECM! I do not know for sure about other brands..I am sure someone else will..&nbsp\\; Just don't change the stock air flow and you will be fine! I have 5000 mile on mine with rush 2.0, rush 1.75 and now older SEII with zero lean problem!! As the techs on here will tell you it is a closed loop system and the stock EFI will work out the correct fuel mixture as long as you don't change the air intake!!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:27 AM
mptrahan
Advanced

I changed out the stock pipes with the Screaming Eagle Street Performance Slip-ons and got a deeper rumble and louder "BUT NOT TOO LOUD" sound with no changes or adjustments needed at allthey are the Hi-Flow so a little more Umph as well...I got from the dealer so paid too much as usual $229+install...but you can pickup as previously mentioned on Ebay for much less....FYI, enjoy

Old 06-28-2008, 10:14 PM
DoubleU
Cruiser

I put Rush slip ons with the 2 inch baffles and LOVE em.&nbsp\\; Real deep.&nbsp\\; Loud when you get on the gas, but not loud when cruising.&nbsp\\; Highly reccomend them.&nbsp\\; Haven't done stage 1 or any other engine upgrades yet and no issues.
&nbsp\\;
Dub&nbsp\\;

Old 06-28-2008, 10:41 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Streetbobby or anyone esle.&nbsp\\; Is it a tough task&nbsp\\;to drill a hole in the baffles?&nbsp\\; That might be the most cost effective right now!
&nbsp\\;
DB

Old 06-28-2008, 10:47 PM
TheBull9
6th Gear

I just punched mine out with a long 1/4" punch.&nbsp\\; Put three holes connected. sort of a triangle within the circle.&nbsp\\; Allows for some back presure and alot of sound.&nbsp\\; Added a tuning bolt at the end of the pipes to take some of the harshness out. No tuning issues.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
streetbobby
Advanced

dbcooper....I used a 1" hole saw and a 12" drill bit extension (bought both @Home Depo)&nbsp\\; and a cordless drill.&nbsp\\; It was easy. I just ran the bit down the muffler and drilled through.&nbsp\\; The piece you drill out is about as thick as an quarter.&nbsp\\; Thats it.&nbsp\\; Took me about 5 min.&nbsp\\; Its not as loud as aftermarket but wayyyy better than stock.