Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there an article or something listing what interchanges between years/models?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there an article or something listing what interchanges between years/models?

Kind of like a Hollister Interchange, but for Harley's?&nbsp\\; This would make a great topic for wikipedia I think.

Hey guys, I'm new...made my introduction in the newbie area a couple weeks ago.&nbsp\\; Just bought an '03 anniversary FXDL.

I was curious as to what can interchange between the bikes.&nbsp\\; From what little research I have done, I know there are different axles diameters between softails and fxr style frames, and various other differences.&nbsp\\;

What got me to thinking about this, is my bike has the stock exhaust still.&nbsp\\; My dad has a 86 Low Rider, and half a dozen sets of pipes out in the garage still, as well as mufflers, seats, full sets of tins, etc.&nbsp\\;

Can someone point me to a good resource to research what fits across the board, what fits certain years only, and what never fit at all?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:42 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Is there an article or something listing what interchanges between years/models?

I would be surprized if any of you dads old pipes fit.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; His '86 has an 80" EVO and your '03 has a 88" Twin Cam.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I not sure if there is a cross referance site on the net but it would be a good idea.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; For now just post your questions here.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Welcome to the forum.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:58 AM
57springer57
Road Captain
Default RE: Is there an article or something listing what interchanges between years/models?

A friend of mine has a book called "HD ,what fits what "&nbsp\\; he found at&nbsp\\; a swap meet.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:35 AM
JGroves
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have often wondered about the same thing.&nbsp\\;This is one&nbsp\\;of the best an questions anyone has ever asked on this forum. I am going to flag this one hoping someone will post concerning an adequete resource.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:12 AM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 57springer57

A friend of mine has a book called "HD ,what fits what "&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; he found at&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; a swap meet.
I saw that book doing some research..it's for up to 1983 though.

I understand there's the difference between dad's old evo, and my bike, just wasn't sure if it was still the same basis as far as pipes and such go.&nbsp\\; Being an old hot rod guy myself, I like to think along the lines of say the 265-400 chevy engines sharing a lot of common parts, even though some of the differences in other areas are miles apart.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:03 AM
RMBLON
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we need a special thread for forum members experience on what fits what, because I have seen a few cases were HD says you can't do that and with a small mod it works great.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
timberwolfz28
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HOGRIDA_06

I would be surprized if any of you dads old pipes fit. His '86 has an 80" EVO and your '03 has a 88" Twin Cam. I not sure if there is a cross referance site on the net but it would be a good idea. For now just post your questions here. Welcome to the forum.
was browsing ebay when I noticed this in a guy's ad for his 2007 stock exhaust:

THIS IS A TAKE-OFF SYSTEM FROM A BIKE WITH&nbsp\\;LESS THAN 300&nbsp\\;MILES ON IT - THESE ARE THE STOCK PIPES OFF A 2007&nbsp\\;FXDL MOTORCYCLE - THEY ARE IN&nbsp\\;GREAT CONDITION AND COME WITH SUPPORT BRACKET - THESE WILL FIT ANY TWIN CAM&nbsp\\;DYNA MODEL AND SHOULD ALSO FIT EVO&nbsp\\;DYNAS WHEN USING SUPPLIED BRACKET

Does this mean EVO pipes should bolt up to our bikes, just bracket-mount differently?

Old 06-30-2008, 05:35 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

With a hot wrench and a hammer, anything will fit