Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:12 PM
williebeaman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions

ook so im a fairly new rider rode the hell outta my step dads shadow 750 for 3 months he sold it i joined the navy and then bouaght a truck and wish i woulda bought a bike so i got a second job and im gonna get a harley next feb. im wondering whats the diff between super glide and like a sportster 1200C besides a cuple grand??

also any pics of yall on your rides would be cool dont see too many pics of the glides out there

Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Poisond 08 Fatbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a Fat Bob!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Originally Posted by williebeaman
ook so im a fairly new rider rode the hell outta my step dads shadow 750 for 3 months he sold it i joined the navy and then bouaght a truck and wish i woulda bought a bike so i got a second job and im gonna get a harley next feb. im wondering whats the diff between super glide and like a sportster 1200C besides a cuple grand??

also any pics of yall on your rides would be cool dont see too many pics of the glides out there
WHAT!!! The glide is THE bike. Big V in a good package, ya can't go wrong for the $$$.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

one more point. A Superglide is an empty canvas. You save some green on the initial cost, but you can take the bike in any direction you want. Get the custom for a few dollars more and much of the chrome is already on there. I love mine, doing mods to it is as much fun as riding the durn thang.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its well worth the extra couple grand IMO

Buddy bought a 1200c and after a 40 mile ride on it I couldnt wait to get back on my Super Glide.

Pic of mine with some mods

Last edited by bberck; 09-22-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super Glide is the entry point of the big Harleys. It has a stronger frame than a sportster and better highway characteristics (big trucks don't blow you around as much.) It's not as fast as the sportster getting off the line -- I think someone on this site once said a sportster will beat a Dyna 0-40 but a Dyna will beat the sportster 40-100.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Hands down, get a Fat Bob. You won't be sorry.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Dizzzy
Tourer

Depends on what you want to do. I wanted to do a bunch of junk to mine, so I bought the bottom of the barrell cheapest , most plain big twin

Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
williebeaman
6th Gear

lol fellas no way can i afford the fat bob good looking bike but im tryin to go cheaper im still a little warry because ive only ever ridden a shadow 750 will the super glide be to much of a power jump??

Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by williebeaman

The Dynas (super glides) are a bigger frame than the Sportsters, and also have the 1584cc Big Twin motor....bigger bike/bigger engine.

I think the Dynas are more versatile if you plan to do any long trips or ride 2-up frequently. The Sporty's can easily do these too...just a bit less comfortably.

In terms of what model in the family to pick, it depends on what you want to do with it. My Street Bob was the perfect blank canvas for me....I prefer black over chrome, and I like the SB more than the Fat Bob.

Quick Reply: opinions