Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floorboard help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 10:14 AM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Floorboard help

Ok. I have a set of vh big shot staggard to put on my 16 fxdb. An eventually want to run
Floor boards instead of the mids i got now. I have read where some had to dremel there heat shields on the bss if you wanna run floor boards. Is this true and is there any other options? Anybody have the bss with floor boards? Pics? Thanks for in advance.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 730 Likes on 561 Posts

Yes and no. There are two footboard mounts for Dynas. The one that HD makes has the mount travel under the stock exhaust and would hit the shield on the VH Big Shots. There may be someone here that can give you advice on those. There is also the V-Twin floorboards (J&P V-Twin footboards). The rear mount for those travels the same path at the mid mounts over the top of the exhaust and would work without modification. The V-Twin boards do sit about an inch and a half higher and two inches further back than the HD boards.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:56 PM
hollandhunter
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Yes and no. There are two footboard mounts for Dynas. The one that HD makes has the mount travel under the stock exhaust and would hit the shield on the VH Big Shots. There may be someone here that can give you advice on those. There is also the V-Twin floorboards (J&P V-Twin footboards). The rear mount for those travels the same path at the mid mounts over the top of the exhaust and would work without modification. The V-Twin boards do sit about an inch and a half higher and two inches further back than the HD boards.
Just what i wanted to know. Thanks. May go back to pegs eventually but i wanna try the floorboards. Jp cycles version is prollu alot cheaper then the hd anyway.