Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Street Bob, vs 2010 street bob

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I have an ’09 and I maybe would have liked to have the blacked out engine like the ‘10’s do, but I can live with my silver motor. I may get more jealous when some tricked out ‘10’s start popping up on here, but I doubt that I’ll see too many on the street around where I’m at anyway.

Overall, it’s a small change and I’m not all that upset over it. I’d be more torn up if some really incredible mechanical improvements were made and I had bought the year before it happened.

I think I like our badges a bit better on the older bikes…..no big deal though. Those ‘10’s should make the Street Bob even more popular this year.

Last edited by Fastfwd; 07-27-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:50 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn dirty ******!!!!!!!

Doesn't come in my color though, which I love. So there! I'll black my engine out someday when I have money to blow (like when I'm 80)

Last edited by DSnoopy; 07-27-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
If I'm the reason they went back to black then I'm very flattered and proud I helped them make a good decision.
I agree with you, but that was towards the OP, but I didn't quote it. I'm with you though because when the 09's first came out the sales guy and myself were staring at it and we didn't like it.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just think its the MOCo listening to its customers for a change.......the silver motor was the single biggest beef people had about the 09 SB; it was an extremely popular bike from 06 - 08 and my guess is sales might have dropped off for 09 so they went back to black.

Just speculating of course.....I wouldn't put it past them to just be messing with you!!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM
MFStreetbob09
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orig: Poster Here: Like I said I love the bike, I bought the bike knowing this would be a change I would have to make, but I also thought that those buying 2010 would have to do the same. Same thing happened when I bought a new cell phone. Thanks

Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That wanna-be Sparto taillight is still on for the 2010 models. I think it looks much better than the HUGE witches wart on the butt!

Yeah dude, i know they are still on the 2010's, and they still look like garbage. maybe if they wouldn't have chopped the fender so much, it wouldn't look so bad. the "witches wart" makes those bikes IMHO. Spartos should be reserved for sporties....

Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok.... Lets see how I totally messed up when I bought the SB?

Blond Case under black jugs?.......... Check

Profile Wheels?.......... Check

Pewter Denim color?............ Check

Did they ever see me coming. I pretty much have everything that they scraped after only one year.

I know I like my bike to be different than every other bike out there.... but that's insane. I didn't even have to try. Just had to wait them out.

Feeling really bad right now. Don't even get me started on my Candy Red Sun Glow Headed stepchild RG.

Must have had SUCKER taped to my back. What the heck was I thinking?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

I think the 06-08 motor looks the best. The left the solid black jugs for 2010. I'm buying a 10 model and I wish the fins were silver. I really would have liked to see the black and chrome motor that's in the custom in the streetbob. If it weren't for me wanting the denim black I would be buying a custom. I really think thats the best buy out there, I just can't get over the pinstripe on the tank.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:45 AM
RED_5
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727

Did they ever see me coming. I pretty much have everything that they scraped after only one year.

I know I like my bike to be different than every other bike out there.... but that's insane. I didn't even have to try. Just had to wait them out.

Feeling really bad right now. Don't even get me started on my Candy Red Sun Glow Headed stepchild RG.

My 09 Street Bob has the same black rims as the 2010, were these rims not available in Canada? I think the profile rims you have were an option down here.

Last edited by RED_5; 07-28-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: words
Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heywood727

If you hate so much about your SB, then why did you buy it? Personally, even if it was all they had, I would never have settled on a bike if there was so much I hated about it.

Last edited by DeathProof72; 07-28-2009 at 07:02 AM.

Quick Reply: 09 Street Bob, vs 2010 street bob