Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim Care

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 04:26 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black Denim Care

I'd still like to hear more about this 'Quick Detailer' stuff. Saw some at Wally-World this morning, but passed on it til I can find out more about the 'look' it puts on the black denim.

If anyone would care to describe it, please do...

STeve

Old 06-27-2006, 11:53 PM
thefallenangel
Novice

Eagel One Nanowax
. The BEST for Denim. Spray it on hot, cold, plastic, glass or rubber. It takes all the scuffs out and leaves it that dull **** black all us Bobber owners want and it shines the chrome and all the rest. Easy to put on and no white **** left anywhere. Spray it on, wipe it in and use a microfiber cloth to buff afterwards. $5.99 a bottle and $2.99 for three micro cloths all at Wal-Mart.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:07 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Got mine real good and dirty after riding around in the rain & drizzle a month back. You know, the cars and your own wheels kicking up all that gunk and slimy film from the road. The Bob looked seriuosly pathetic when I got her home, I actually felt bad about doing that to her! My stepdaughter lhao at me! So I couldnt just leave her overnight like that, ya know? So I just hosed her off and dryed her with the leaf blower and went to bed. The next morning I went down to give her a proper cleaning and she looked like she did when I drove her from the showroom floor! Didnt have to do a thing! Now THATS my kind of bike!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:23 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did the same thing last night. I rode home in pouring rain, when I got there I sprayed it down w/ the hose, pulled in the garage and dryed it w/ the leaf blower. It took about 8 min. and it was clean and dry.
ORIGINAL: TXSwede

Got mine real good and dirty after riding around in the rain & drizzle a month back. You know, the cars and your own wheels kicking up all that gunk and slimy film from the road. The Bob looked seriuosly pathetic when I got her home, I actually felt bad about doing that to her! My stepdaughter lhao at me! So I couldnt just leave her overnight like that, ya know? So I just hosed her off and dryed her with the leaf blower and went to bed. The next morning I went down to give her a proper cleaning and she looked like she did when I drove her from the showroom floor! Didnt have to do a thing! Now THATS my kind of bike!

Old 06-28-2006, 06:29 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

should have gotten vivid black. LOL

Old 06-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Coyote72
Advanced

I just took a soapy sponge (not dripping) and wiped it over the tank and a second later wiped it with a towel....worked like a charm...No water even involved......

Old 07-05-2006, 11:43 PM
eddie0324
Intermediate

Thank You all for the Great Advise

Old 07-06-2006, 10:50 AM
hd_sob
Road Master

Once more:

Has anyone used Meguiar's 'Quick Detailer' on BLACK DENIM and if so, what were the results???

On their website they claim there are NO waxes of any kind in this stuff, which lines up with H-D recommendations for denim care. I'm assuming it is similar (or identical) to 'Harley Gloss' which is on the official H-D recommended list of denim cleaners. Can anyone confirm or deny?

THANKS!

STeve

Old 07-06-2006, 10:05 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol stbobber

Old 07-17-2006, 06:39 PM
LaLaMan
Novice

The denim black is suppoed to get some scraches and look worn. Like a good pair of jeans that have some rips, fades and whatnot.

But I dunno what the big deal is about flat black on a bike is. It was never a chopper/bobber thing. It was a hotrod thing. And it was only b/c they couldnt afford a paint job. Or they were still driving the car around while they were still fixing it up. Then some guys found the color, or lack of color made for a good background for pinstriping.

Flat black is the comeback of a something that never was on bikes. Bobbers of the 60s were painted glittery colors with alot of chrome. If you want to see a bobber check out Chopper daves bikes, their bobbers.

So as far as care Harley wanted to give the bike a stock, rat bike look. They didnt think youd be out there cleaning it keeping it show room if you ordered denim. It was meant to be ridden, then put away. WHen you need to clean it, carwash concentrate and a sponge. dry it off, that it, hit the road.