Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 06:26 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious does one know how one could weigh their motorcycle?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:08 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by murrayliving
I'm curious does one know how one could weigh their motorcycle?
Find your local recycling center. They have drive-on scales and will let you weigh your bike.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 AM
CStarner
2nd Gear

I am sure there was a better way to state my bike did not fit into the thug style or club style type of bike. Instead of bashing it for two pages but to each his own.

But i pose this question what would constitute a bike as Thug/club?. Just for the benefit of my knowledge. (front fairing, t bars, nothing stock).

Old 04-16-2014, 10:16 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 724 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
Uhh. Yeah.. Sick lowered sportster "bro". I guess 468 pages of jacked up dynas didn't tip you off either. Not trying to be a dick, but had to point that out
Dayum..how could I have forgotten one important piece of the Thug bike puzzle.. the tall shocks. I feel so inadequate. Thanks for pointing that out "bro" . Just for the record my dyna was "lowered" too. Since we're keeping track. 30in inseam means, unfortunately everything has to be lowered. lol

Name:  100_1512.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  166.3 KB
Name:  Resampled_2012-04-15_12-52-33_354.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  107.2 KB

Old 04-16-2014, 10:25 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CStarner
I am sure there was a better way to state my bike did not fit into the thug style or club style type of bike. Instead of bashing it for two pages but to each his own.

But i pose this question what would constitute a bike as Thug/club?. Just for the benefit of my knowledge. (front fairing, t bars, nothing stock).
Nothing wrong with your motorcycle, nothing personal and for what it is worth....I'll respond.

Club/Thug...well...the title is wrong. More club style or Frisco style should have been the title. The style came up through the California clubs/riders. It developed through a combination of poor street conditions and long rides. Mid pegs and narrow solid bars for better control. Small fairing to take the wind off the body. Engine upgrades and 2 to 1 exhaust for performance. Fender bags for the long runs....

SO as you have seen or read. Your bike falls on the other side of this style and will get some rash responses. IMHO, you need thicker solid apes, then the ones you have....I hated my stock apes...

My suggestion,
  1. vintage bars (low beach-like) with
  2. vintage-style grips,
  3. floorboards,
  4. different exhaust (those don't look right) more like the original exhaust...
with that windshield..add some pin striping...killer

but hey, do what you want...and ride on..

Old 04-16-2014, 10:32 AM
CStarner
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
Nothing wrong with your motorcycle, nothing personal and for what it is worth....I'll respond.

Club/Thug...well...the title is wrong. More club style or Frisco style should have been the title. The style came up through the California clubs/riders. It developed through a combination of poor street conditions and long rides. Mid pegs and narrow solid bars for better control. Small fairing to take the wind off the body. Engine upgrades and 2 to 1 exhaust for performance. Fender bags for the long runs....

SO as you have seen or read. Your bike falls on the other side of this style and will get some rash responses. IMHO, you need thicker solid apes, then the ones you have....I hated my stock apes...

My suggestion,
  1. vintage bars (low beach-like) with
  2. vintage-style grips,
  3. floorboards,
  4. different exhaust (those don't look right) more like the original exhaust...
with that windshield..add some pin striping...killer

but hey, do what you want...and ride on..

Thanks Dutch, very helpful. I keep those suggestions in mind.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:41 AM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CStarner
Thanks Dutch, very helpful. I keep those suggestions in mind.
one thing I learned when participating in these forums is to really just have a thick skin, if your looking for answers 7 out of 10 will either give you an answer that has nothing to do with what your asking and the other 3 well... thats for you to decide lol dont be afraid to use the search button theres tons of threads here with diff styles. good luck and enjoy ur ride

Old 04-16-2014, 12:11 PM
greatbikegear
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know I am a little late but... we did release the STBMS-01 turn signal/license plate relocation kit last week. It was a soft release and is currently a special order item. You can contact Tammy at tammy@greatbikegear.com if you are interested. It will be released to the website when our new website launches later this month. I will make a post with all new products when they are fully released.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:18 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeess
one thing I learned when participating in these forums is to really just have a thick skin, if your looking for answers 7 out of 10 will either give you an answer that has nothing to do with what your asking and the other 3 well... thats for you to decide lol dont be afraid to use the search button theres tons of threads here with diff styles. good luck and enjoy ur ride
True.

CStarner. Check out the "Who has the sickest bob?" Thread for some ideas for the more traditional bobber style bikes. Some killer bikes in that thread.

Dutch did a good job of describing the Thug/Club style. You may notice a few variations on the theme too. Mine isn't true to the style because I'm using wider MX bars on tall risers instead of narrow T-Bars, as well as forward controls. Narrow bars are good for lane splitting, but not a lot of that going on in my area.

The original bikes were FXR's anyway, but the Dyna does a good stand-in when modded. The general concept though, beyond what Dutch described, is a Dyna or FXR (and some cool Sportsters) that are setup for better handling and performance. A common theme for the Dyna Thug/Club style is:
Longer, high quality shocks for better ground clearance and improved handling.
Upgraded front forks for better handling.
Usually some level of motor work for power.
The fairings don't do a lot, but a good setup will take some wind off your chest for good highway comfort.
The T-Bars (or MX bars) with solid or poly bushings provide quicker steering response compared to apehangers.

You'll also note that the aesthetic is easy to accomplish with just bars and a fairing. Plenty of essentially stock bikes in this thread with T-Bars and a fairing.

At the end of the day, it's just a sub-culture in the custom bike genre. It's not new, but thanks to the internet and SOA (yes, I said it!), the style has grown way beyond its original NorCal regional roots.

Just to drive it home, the 1977 XLCR Sportster first carried the theme in commercial form.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:31 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SLV
Find your local recycling center. They have drive-on scales and will let you weigh your bike.
Appreciate it. I'm going to be buying aluminum stuff for the bike and I'm curious how much of a weight reduction I'll be able to do.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's