Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 10:32 PM
02LadyJusticeFXDX
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Very cool. Diggin' the white..

What exhaust you running?
ps maybe derailing a little here but are your rotors painted/powdered stock or bought black? Shop go to for powder didn't feel comfortable powdering my new rotors so I'm not sure what I wanna do either leave en polished, find a dif shop thstll maybe do em, or rattle can. Just concerned about longevity with rattle and I'd rather keep everything done right.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:38 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 02LadyJusticeFXDX

Grew up in CA with this style. Don't see too many bikes out here in IL like this.

Classy lookin'.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Dyna rider 78
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Grew up in CA with this style. Don't see too many bikes out here in IL like this.
Badass looking bike! Really feeling the white out.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:57 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

ps maybe derailing a little here but are your rotors painted/powdered stock or bought black? Shop go to for powder didn't feel comfortable powdering my new rotors so I'm not sure what I wanna do either leave en polished, find a dif shop thstll maybe do em, or rattle can. Just concerned about longevity with rattle and I'd rather keep everything done right.
You don't want to paint the actual part the pad makes contact with. If you're doing the centers, then **** it, use appliance epoxy spray and call it a day. You can buy black rotors from Lyndall or Brembo, but that's $$$$

Old 04-13-2016, 01:46 AM
Bagged64
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What handguards are you using?

Originally Posted by izhd
Belts might be for pants, but I dig my upgrade. 30T-70T, 133T 1 1/8 belt. SE clutch spring, new tune. Plugged in Autotune for PCV but didn't watch tutorial on how to properly do it, so now need to remove battery box to troubleshoot. Since I ran out of space under the seat I mounted autotune module under backbone between battery & fuse box.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:13 AM
Dyna_Dave
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagged64
What handguards are you using?
Looks like Valholl Destroyers to me..

http://www.valhollcc.com/shop/hand-g...s-hand-guards/

Old 04-13-2016, 07:41 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

just installed a bassani on it yesterday. I'll have to get updated pics of it with proper exhaust now. Looks like yours is a bassani aswell?
Yes sir.. road rage 3. Love this pipe. Got a great deal on it from Direct Cycle parts.. cheapest I could find. For less than $700 the quality of the pipe is top notch.

The rotors were stock that I had powdered black. Not sure why the shop won't do them, other than maybe they don't want to bother with taping them off and prepping them? You just have to make sure they don't powder where the rotor and brake pad make contact.

I opted for powder because I wanted something more durable on there. Way I figured it was I had to take them off anyway so I wasn't going to half *** it and spray paint them (no offense to anyone who did). But they've held up well with no issues.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:05 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts

If I was more hardcore, I'd run with none.

Disclaimer: this does have a mirror. It's also just like my sig.. but bigger!

Meaty!

Old 04-13-2016, 08:07 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts

fantastic!

Old 04-13-2016, 08:17 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,254 Likes on 1,826 Posts

The rotors were stock that I had powdered black. Not sure why the shop won't do them, other than maybe they don't want to bother with taping them off and prepping them? You just have to make sure they don't powder where the rotor and brake pad make contact.

I opted for powder because I wanted something more durable on there. Way I figured it was I had to take them off anyway so I wasn't going to half *** it and spray paint them (no offense to anyone who did). But they've held up well with no issues.
What One can do if the resources are available and one's OCD is getting the better of ya...

Tape off the the "swept" area just a tad more to the interior of the rotor, powder coat it, and then "chuck it up" in a lathe and clean up the edge of the coat so that "circle" of powder is perfect.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's