Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 01:50 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rayny1014
Renthals
Long time MX'r here. I'm intrigued. So I'm assuming that they 7/8th bars? Are you running 1 inch risers with a special adapter for the clamps?

Old 05-11-2016, 02:19 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Long time MX'r here. I'm intrigued. So I'm assuming that they 7/8th bars? Are you running 1 inch risers with a special adapter for the clamps?
No they are 1 1/8 renthal fat bars. Look into forbidden risers , they are made for Harleys to run dirt bike bars and ends are sleeved by him to run HD controls .

Old 05-11-2016, 02:26 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

The pig has become the daily rider again...gas is just too much in the truck lol. Really need my custom seat to get here so I can burn this godawful badlander...

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-rqsxsyh.jpg

Should start seeing a bit more cash flow thru work soon - plans for this year are shocks, hydraulic cam plate swap (would like to do cams too if cash allows), and to finally stop being lazy and throw in the HD progressive springs and spacers for the front end that I got for xmas with my Harley gift cards... Maybe I'll get around to fixing that leaky inspection cover too, who knows...

Needs a wash too if I can be bothered...

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-o73hjbs.jpg

Last edited by DynaKid94; 05-11-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Much better with the black flush mount fuel gauge and gas cap. Plus added the speedo/tach combo, nice try know what RPM's I'm cruising at!!

Old 05-11-2016, 04:31 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
Much better with the black flush mount fuel gauge and gas cap. Plus added the speedo/tach combo, nice try know what RPM's I'm cruising at!!

Dude, that paint looks killer. I have that same speedo, you'll love it. So much better than the stock one!

Old 05-11-2016, 07:12 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

I finally got my 13.5s today. Thanks for help guys. It handles so much better than stock!!!

Old 05-11-2016, 08:00 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
Agreed. Your paint job looks great. You can tell you put a lot of prep time in. It looks factory good in those pics.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
I finally got my 13.5s today. Thanks for help guys. It handles so much better than stock!!!

Damn.... Now this has me rethinking 13" shocks. Deciding on shocks has probably been the hardest mod to figure out. I thought I was set on a set of HD 816 Ohlins, but I was just thrown into a tailspin after seeing these 13.5s

What's your plans for up front?

looks great, by the way.

The following users liked this post:
SquishyLowRider (05-11-2016)
Old 05-11-2016, 09:28 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Test rode this friday...

Short story:
- loved the power (still a bit tame, but I'm sure once you've paid the harley tax...)
- loved the suspension (tight)
- brakes still aren't all that.
- preferred my '01 FXDX chassis (I felt like how FXR guys compare them to Dynas: I felt like I was riding "on" it, instead of "in" it. My DX still feels more nimble and lighter.)

Overall it was a nice bike, but I rode the street bob right after and that felt better. Made me wonder why they didn't give the "S" treatment to a street bob instead.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:49 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by theduroche

Short story:
- loved the power (still a bit tame, but I'm sure once you've paid the harley tax...)
- loved the suspension (tight)
- brakes still aren't all that.
- preferred my '01 FXDX chassis (I felt like how FXR guys compare them to Dynas: I felt like I was riding "on" it, instead of "in" it. My DX still feels more nimble and lighter.)

Overall it was a nice bike, but I rode the street bob right after and that felt better. Made me wonder why they didn't give the "S" treatment to a street bob instead.
Street Bob and s share same everything but rear shocks , mags, dual disc, motor size . So Dk what made the street Bob feel different to you to make it better . Maybe bars being higher ?

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's