Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MRA Speedscreen

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:15 PM
hyak107
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MRA Speedscreen

I just installed an MRA Speedscreen and figured I'd post some photos. It's made by a German company (www.mra.de). I couldn't find a lot of info on it, but it came with 1" clamps so I figured I'd give it a try. It went on without a hitch. The upper spoiler is adjustable and is meant to diffuse air coming over the screen. I've used the HD compact winshield and both the Rio Grande and Del Rio from Memphis. I wear a fullface helmet and the taller screens didn't provide enough air flow. The shorter screen caused too much buffeting. The Speedscreen works really well, it blocks the wind from my chest and the air hitting my helmet is clean. At 95 MPH while passing my helmet wasn't bobbing around and I could actually see where I was going.

I'm sure the styling isn't for everyone, but it's the best screen I've tried so far. I can post more info if anyone is interested.

Attached Thumbnails MRA Speedscreen-img_0904_3.jpg   MRA Speedscreen-img_0903_3.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
load97 (06-05-2019)
Old 11-15-2009, 10:50 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned

Looks nice and modern. I like it.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:52 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned

what's the part #? Cost?

Old 11-16-2009, 07:42 AM
hyak107
Intermediate

I could only find one dealer in the US, Twisted Throttle (http://www.twistedthrottle.com/). Total cost for the screen and handlebar fit kit was $195.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:48 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

That looks tough! I like it a lot actually. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: You responded a second before I did.. lol.

$195 isn't bad at all! And it looks damn good.

Last edited by AdrianVall; 11-16-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:55 AM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MRA's website has a lot of models or versions that Twisted throttle doesn't have on their website. They will order anything that MRA makes though.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:26 AM
MasterGunz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. I like the looks of this one.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks very good. I'm gonna check it out. I have the HD which has the quick release clamps and is clamped to the forks.

You find it better (in terms of buffeting and wind protection)that this shield clamps to the bars? Are the clamps quick release?

Old 11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any issues mounting the shield to the bike? Will it work with all styles of handlebars (drags, apes...)?

Also is the on you have considered grey?

Originally Posted by hyak107
I just installed an MRA Speedscreen and figured I'd post some photos. It's made by a German company (www.mra.de). I couldn't find a lot of info on it, but it came with 1" clamps so I figured I'd give it a try. It went on without a hitch. The upper spoiler is adjustable and is meant to diffuse air coming over the screen. I've used the HD compact winshield and both the Rio Grande and Del Rio from Memphis. I wear a fullface helmet and the taller screens didn't provide enough air flow. The shorter screen caused too much buffeting. The Speedscreen works really well, it blocks the wind from my chest and the air hitting my helmet is clean. At 95 MPH while passing my helmet wasn't bobbing around and I could actually see where I was going.

I'm sure the styling isn't for everyone, but it's the best screen I've tried so far. I can post more info if anyone is interested.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:01 PM
hyak107
Intermediate

It's a lot better in regards to buffeting, the spoiler does a good job of smoothing out the air flow. With the handlebar mounting it also has a crazy amount of adjustment. The clamps on the handlebars pivot and the mounts on the screen itself are balljoints. I can try and take some photos later of the mounts, but it should fit all styles of bars due to the multiple pivot points.

Also, the screen I have is the "tinted" model. The model without the spoiler comes in a few different colors, from blue to carbon fiber look.

Quick Reply: MRA Speedscreen