Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Run/turn/brake module

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
I'd understand if you didn't like it, but since it doesn't work - it's not a return. It's an exchange for one that does work.

The load equalizer is only for LED turn sigs.

If I were to do it again, I'd buy this one.
http://www.bikerhiway.com/badlands-i...in-p-1284.html
That is an excellent module. It might be worth it to get it anyway. I've bookmarked for future reference.

Where does it plug in? Does it handle both the front and rear signals?

I noticed it said the 1156 is a single function bulb. Maybe this is why it isn't working on the OP's bike. ???

Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
RicMF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed it said the 1156 is a single function bulb. Maybe this is why it isn't working on the OP's bike. ???
No, that's normal for the rear turns. The module is what converts them to multi-function.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RicMF
Try replacing your LED bulbs with the stock incandescents and see if that fixes it. If so, it's a load balance problem.
The OP is using stock turn sigs - only LED brake light

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
Where does it plug in? Does it handle both the front and rear signals?
Under the seat there is a factory wiring harness that gets unplugged and this gets plugged inline. Think PC-V or FuelPak. Plug & play. I'm not 100% sure about the equalizer part for the front signals, but I would imagine it would balance them out also. At least I think that's the question you're asking...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RicMF
No, that's normal for the rear turns. The module is what converts them to multi-function.
hmm, I disagree. the 1157 bulb is used for the auxiallry/turn lights - which are a dual filament bulb.

1156 are single filament as Boomer said, and I would think you coudlnt get a dual function from that bulb.

I dont have the module, but planning on picking up this weekend. I was also planning to use led bulbs in the bullet lights, so now I'm a bit concerned.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:42 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmopar
hmm, I disagree. the 1157 bulb is used for the auxiallry/turn lights - which are a dual filament bulb.

1156 are single filament as Boomer said, and I would think you coudlnt get a dual function from that bulb.

I dont have the module, but planning on picking up this weekend. I was also planning to use led bulbs in the bullet lights, so now I'm a bit concerned.
The rear signals are single element bulbs. The module makes them act like dual element bulbs by controlling the voltage sent to them.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:06 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

ahaaa - well there ya have it - from a guy that has the module too - i coulda sworn they were 1157 though but they havent been on my bike for a loooong time

so to steal the thread - does that mean I cant use led bulbs then? I was planning to do the module, red led bulbs with smoked lenses

Old 03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

ahaaa - well there ya have it - from a guy that has the module too - i coulda sworn they were 1157 though but they havent been on my bike for a loooong time

so to steal the thread - does that mean I cant use led bulbs then? I was planning to do the module, red led bulbs with smoked lenses
Actually I was mistaken when I said the signals didn't look like they lit up much when I hit the brake. I took a second look and they clearly brighten up. I'm using some red LED cluster bulbs I bought from Autozone for around $16. They are nice and bright and I'm using the smoke lenses. I didn't try the standard 1156 bulbs to see if they did.

I definitely need a load equalizer though because after a couple of flashes of the turn signal they speed up considerably. The Badlands module posted earlier is sounding better and better all the time.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
Under the seat there is a factory wiring harness that gets unplugged and this gets plugged inline. Think PC-V or FuelPak. Plug & play. I'm not 100% sure about the equalizer part for the front signals, but I would imagine it would balance them out also. At least I think that's the question you're asking...
Yes. It looks like it goes right where the HD run/brake/signal module goes. I just wasn't sure if it load balanced the front signals too. It makes it much more affordable since there wouldn't be a need for two load equalizers if you wanted to run LED bulbs in the front too.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes there are LED bulbs that can be used.

Actually I was mistaken when I said the signals didn't look like they lit up much when I hit the brake. I took a second look and they clearly brighten up. I'm using some red LED cluster bulbs I bought from Autozone for around $16. They are nice and bright and I'm using the smoke lenses. I didn't try the standard 1156 bulbs to see if they did.

I definitely need a load equalizer though because after a couple of flashes of the turn signal they speed up considerably. The Badlands module posted earlier is sounding better and better all the time.
Today 05:06 PM
I had the LED bulbs from auto zone at first. They worked ok as additional taillights and blinkers. When I got rid of my taillight all together I bought some LED's from Radiant lighting and there is no comparison in the two. They are way brighter and work much better if going to be your only lights.

The Badlands combo equalizer and module will work with front and back.

I didnt see the combo one till after I already had a run/turn/brake module from biketronics but I use a Badlands load equalizer with it and it works good. I still have the auto zone bulbs in the front but after getting the Radiantz ones I am going to replace them as well.