Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help here, please...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
BamaRider49
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need some help here, please...

Hi,
I have a '93 fxdwg and have a "sticky" situation with my front brake. After apply the brakes it won't release. Unfortunately, I had to pry it apart in order to get home. I tried bleeding the brake, but that didn't work. I'm hoping to save some bucks by doing this myself and not having to take it to the shop.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it could be a bad brake line or you could have some rust or something else around the pistions that need to be cleaned. I would pull the caliper off and see how it looks around the pistions.

It could also be a bad master cylinder or the caliper could just be shot but I would think the first 2 things are more likely.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:59 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

sounds like you need to rebuild the brakes man, fairly simple job just take your time... Howard from Motorcycle metal has some of the best done write ups i have ever seen man... get a new rebuild kit for it... if you are unsure, take them off and send them my way, we can pull them apart, coat them and put them back together... yo may find when you open it up that they are fine and jsut need cleaned. I like to press the pistons out using the pressure form the brake like, so much easier, but if not you will need a aircompressor with some serious CFM to pop them out. then just clean the seals real well put some ATF fluid on them to get them moist, make sure the piston is clean, an the crap is out of the caliper and put it back to gether... also a great time to bleed out your old brake fluid and replace it, maybe do braided lines while you have it all apart. be like a whole new bike when your done

http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/Download8.html

Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 PM
BamaRider49
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking RE: thanks

Thanks for the link...this'll really help