Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you mean I gotta do MORE mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:44 PM
reisjer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you mean I gotta do MORE mods?

Here's a picture of where my ride's at now. It's a 2007 superglide. I would love your guys input on what you'd mod next. I just added the voodoo fender you see in the pic and a side mount license plate/brake. Once the tread on my back tire runs low I'll be throwing a 18x5.5 with a 180 or 200 on the back. Once I've got the tire/wheel combo back there I'll get some shocks to lower it. Right now the fender looks a little silly sitting so high. I think it'll look alot cooler once it's lowered. I'm thinking the mini apes look a little high for this bike. Gonna go in the direction of a drag bar with 4 or 5" rise eventually. Maybe the Fatbob combo? Would my cables be to long? This is my daily rider so I can't afford for it to be down for long and I don't have tons of money to drop into the mods. I've read the forums on rattle canning. Think it would look cool to use appliance expoy on the tripple trees and front signals? Maybe even the handle bars for now? I was also thinking about getting some high gloss high temp paint for the rocker covers. Any input? Thanks for all the help guys. this is my first bike and I've learned alot from this forum.

Attached Thumbnails you mean I gotta do MORE mods?-dsc_0112.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Rancid17
Cruiser

I don't know what I would do next, but I know I love that fender. The "only" reason I haven't done it is that I always get this nagging voice in my head telling me that I might want to sell the bike one day and I don't want to have cut the fender strut off.

I know, I know...someone who wants this kind of bike will pay good coin for the work that's already done but that voice in my head also happens to control the check book and I just can't talk her into it...haha

Nice ride brother.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:41 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

How about some smaller, less obvious front turn signals. Might clean the front end up that last little bit.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:46 PM
jordanball33
Road Master

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
How about some smaller, less obvious front turn signals. Might clean the front end up that last little bit.

+1 on the signals, and bust out some epoxy paint, its cheap and very cool. good luck

Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of the bikes that you like to look at, is there a common theme or parts that keep appearing? If so, use it as a guide. You're going to get a hundred different opinions from a hundred different people by asking such a blanket statement, none of which will actually reflect what YOU like.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

No fender coverage in front of the tire? Leaves a big opening there huh? Probly look better when you get the rear end lowered a bit.