Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best passenger anti-vibe option for '11 SG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 AM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best passenger anti-vibe option for '11 SG?

My wife hasn't even ridden with me yet, so she may or may not even notice the passenger peg vibration I've been reading about. But she is accustomed to the smoothness of my Fat Boy, and knowing my wife if she does pick up on it I'll never fix it, even if I do...

So I'm thinking, I was gonna change out the mid pegs and put on highway pegs anyway, so why not have them all look alike plus give it my best shot to reduce her peg vibration before it gets noticed?

What do any of you guys like-HD mini floorboards, chrome-and-rubber oversize pegs or maybe the HD anti-vibe pegs? Or what about the Kuryakin's? Anything else?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I was going to try the mini floor boards for the passenger set up, but I want to see if they have the same feature that regular floor boards have, i.e. do they have that floating cushy feel that the regualar floor board have or is the foot pad rigid mounted to the floor board. Seems to me that if it is rigid mounted then all you did by installing them was make a even bigger vibrating peg. As far as all the other pegs you have mentioned, everything I have read pretty much conferms that none of them fix this problem.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:56 AM
dondee
Tourer

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I was going to try the mini floor boards for the passenger set up, but I want to see if they have the same feature that regular floor boards have, i.e. do they have that floating cushy feel that the regualar floor board have or is the foot pad rigid mounted to the floor board. Seems to me that if it is rigid mounted then all you did by installing them was make a even bigger vibrating peg. As far as all the other pegs you have mentioned, everything I have read pretty much conferms that none of them fix this problem.
I didn't even know it was an issue until doing some reading here, and like I said it may or may not be with her. I just know that if it is, in her mind it'll be there forever-that's how she rolls.

I know the passenger pegs are mounted on the swingarm so I guess any vibration there is coming from the road? I immediately noticed a little harsher ride than my Fat Boy, but I put it down to a rubber-mounted non-balanced motor. (Guess I should ask, are the rubber mounted motors still not balanced or counterweighted like in the 88 motors?).

Having said that, in the short 140 miles I rode before it had to go in for the primary noise, I noticed very little if any vibration anywhere. I was pleasantly surprised.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:11 PM
dondee
Tourer

Along these lines, does anyone have any idea why the big book says the oversize chrome and rubber pegs won't work on an '06-up Dyna in the rider position? I can't see anything stopping them from just sticking out as far as they want to.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:43 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

First, if she doesn't think a buzz monster like a Softail vibrates, she probably won't have an issue with a rubber mounted Dyna. But if theres a chance she might, Kuryaken ISO Pegs really seem to help. I ran them on my Shovel and the wife was very pleased and they make them for pretty much every year Harley.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISO-A...item230af8c05c

Last edited by bikerlaw; 10-27-2010 at 05:47 PM.