Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cable attached to stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 03:11 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah its just a flapper like they said above I took my whole pipes off so i am not sure what you need to do but 1 things for sure you dont need it to run your bike.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:13 AM
MADOGA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The aussie bikes must have a flapper valve on 1 exhaust pipe, main reason at a guess is to keep the noise at idle down, when i replaced my slipons i just fixed the flapper open with a bit of wire, now it idles like a Harley not a moped

Old 11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Active Exhaust control, only on overseas models. H-D says it is to enhance performance, but I think it is to quiet the bike at idle and cruise. The more throttle you give the more the valve opens. It is only located on the bottom muffler. You may need to remove the cable from the module.
CB
Thats what it be alright. You'll probably find its attached to a small butterfly type valve on the pipe below and in front of the passenger footrest.
Disconnecting it will either a) do nuthin if you're changing out the pipes as the valve will go with them, and/or b) set a warning light on on your console in which case you'll need to "trick" the esm into believing all is good and right in the world. You can use the bikewerx trick box for this (its just a plug adapter), or work out the wiring and loop the sensor wires yourself.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM
MADOGA
Cruiser

Disconnecting the cable will leave the valve in the closed position relying on exhaust pressure to push it open , probably not a good thing, valve needs to be tied in the open position

Old 11-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MADOGA
Disconnecting the cable will leave the valve in the closed position relying on exhaust pressure to push it open , probably not a good thing, valve needs to be tied in the open position
The OP said he was getting rid of the stock exhaust - so no valve to stick either way

As has been said, you can take off the cable and the motor from the battery box to tidy things up. But you will need an eliminator plug under the seat where the cable for the motor emerges from the loom or you will get speedo error codes.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:41 AM
sofus
Cruiser

You can get full control over the valve with this product from Zodiac.

I have a SERT and the valve is always open. You can always disconnect the cable from the valve and strap the valve in open position. You shouldn't get any error codes if you do that.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:34 PM
WoodyTJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Active Exhaust control, only on overseas models. H-D says it is to enhance performance, but I think it is to quiet the bike at idle and cruise. The more throttle you give the more the valve opens. It is only located on the bottom muffler. You may need to remove the cable from the module.
CB
the cable fits to a cylinder on the side of the exhaust pipe. As you roll the throttle open (with engine running) you will see it open and close.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 AM
bikesurd
1st Gear

Hi,

I ride a 2010 street bob. I have been trying to figure out how to force open the valve at all times since that sounds better. I did few mods such as forward controls, SE exhaust slip ons, SE stage 1 air filter

thanks

Old 12-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts

You need a trick box from Bike werx http://www.bikewerk.com/

Site is in German, but basically you plug it into the esm and it "tricks" the esm into holding open the valve permanently.

I have one on my FXDC, no issues to date.

If you get one let me know and I can send you the English install instructions I made for another rider here who bought one.

'8s