Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Karma?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:15 PM
interwoven
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Karma?

Ok so I need some reassurance that there is no such thing as bad Karma. I decide to finally buy my first Harley. Stop at the dealership and get approved and pick out my bike in like a half an hour. No sense wasting time They are busy so I make an appointment for the following week to do the paperwork and I get there and halfway through the poor guy doing my paperwork gets a call his Mom just died. They are very apologetic that I have to come back and I'm like man don't worry about it. That stuff is all out of our control no problem call me when your ready. So they call me a couple days later and I go back in and we close the deal. I make arrangements to have it delivered and they show up right on time. Roll my new toy into the garage as it starts to pour. Now it's been raining and flooding for 4 days and it looks like it's gonna be another 4 before it clears up to ride. I did sneak out and get 8 miles on it before it started to pour again.

So now I'm like getting bad vibes that maybe this wasn't meant to be. It's almost like a higher power is saying "Bro...stay off the bike." Please tell me it aint so!!!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whole country is flooding right now.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 PM
A1ACruiser
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It ain't so!

I bought my bike at Ghost Town HD in Waynesville, NC. After leaving the dealer I hit the BIGGEST pot hole I have ever seen. I was following my girlfriend in her car too close and it snuck up on me. Then a few miles down the rode going through the forest it started raining on me out of nowhere. With all said and done. It has been smooth sailing ever since. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by A1ACruiser; 04-26-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:36 PM
2007z71
Tourer

Hey man you got a Harley! You will be able to ride it one of these days but until then keep her warm and dry and give her lots of love.

Oh yah Bad Karma-----Just wear a helmet!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 PM
bostock1957
Advanced
Default Happen to Own a Rabbit's Foot?

Man, like the guy just said, you just got a Harley! It's like good whiskey and it's just teasing you until you get to savor the essence of it with a good safe ride! Seriously, it wouldn't hurt to rub a rabbit's foot while knocking on a piece of wood and avoiding black cats and ladders until the first ride is over. Good luck and safe riding, Enjoy!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:03 PM
apehanger65
Tourer

DUDE!!!! RELAX....You just got a NEW BIKE!!! the rain will stop...the ride will go on forever!! Welcome to the rest of your life!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Stickman81
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the salesman's mother.

I don't take that as an incident of Karma though.
Karma is that whatever you do comes back to you - good or bad.

Congratulations and hang in there - You'll be out there soon!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by interwoven
So now I'm like getting bad vibes that maybe this wasn't meant to be. It's almost like a higher power is saying "Bro...stay off the bike." Please tell me it aint so!!!
No it aint so...been raining here for weeks...I only go to ride once this year and nobody I know had their Mom die......yet.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

It will all be fine. Just hang in there. Don't forget to have a friend give you a gremlin bell....just for luck...

Old 04-27-2011, 12:33 AM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Could be a lot worse, a 57 yr old male just left a dealership 45 minutes south of here, (B.C. Canada), with a new crotch rocket and got sawed in half when he pulled out in front of a PT Cruiser.

Quick Reply: Bad Karma?