Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Received C&C Solo Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 05:45 AM
ciacalsab
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Received C&C Solo Seat

Need help from a lady rider. I received my solo seat the other day and I want to install it on my FXDL. I removed the two up seat, but there is no room under the fender for me to fasten the solo seat on. What is the trick to do this? I will post pics when I finally get it installed.

Attached Thumbnails Received C&C Solo Seat-solo-seat.jpg  
Old 05-06-2011, 06:33 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There should be a black plastic cap under there right where the seat should anchor down with a HD logo on it which needs to be popped out. It isn't held in by much at all and I usually just try to get a finger nail in not to scratch the finish and it should come off really easily. Once that is out you will need to remove the metal piece tha the 2 up seat was screwed into and install that in the hole you made pulling out the other plug. put the plug in your further back hole, for aesthetics and install the metal piece into your forward hole. Or buy another ( 6$ i think) but it won't be pretty te leave that part there just bounceing around. How to get the metal piece into there between the tire and fender is to run a ty-wrap through the piece and poke the end of said ty-wrap up through the hole and pul it up until you get the piece into place. add the little plastic clip to hold that into place and your ready to screw your new seat down.
PS guys no cracks obout the forward and back holes where my terminology may be lacking ! And no pun intented withe the crack niether!

LOL have a good one and I hope this helps!

Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 AM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not quite what you were looking for but how do you like the seat? Mine's coming next week and by the looks of yours I think I'm going to be real happy!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:13 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Great looking seat! maddghost pretty much nailed it...

Old 05-06-2011, 10:14 AM
ciacalsab
Advanced

Originally Posted by fenderzig
Not quite what you were looking for but how do you like the seat? Mine's coming next week and by the looks of yours I think I'm going to be real happy!
Very impressed with the seat. They did a fantastic job. You will be pleased also. Post pic when you get it..

Old 05-06-2011, 10:17 AM
ciacalsab
Advanced
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maddghost
There should be a black plastic cap under there right where the seat should anchor down with a HD logo on it which needs to be popped out. It isn't held in by much at all and I usually just try to get a finger nail in not to scratch the finish and it should come off really easily. Once that is out you will need to remove the metal piece tha the 2 up seat was screwed into and install that in the hole you made pulling out the other plug. put the plug in your further back hole, for aesthetics and install the metal piece into your forward hole. Or buy another ( 6$ i think) but it won't be pretty te leave that part there just bounceing around. How to get the metal piece into there between the tire and fender is to run a ty-wrap through the piece and poke the end of said ty-wrap up through the hole and pul it up until you get the piece into place. add the little plastic clip to hold that into place and your ready to screw your new seat down.
PS guys no cracks obout the forward and back holes where my terminology may be lacking ! And no pun intented withe the crack niether!

Thanks Maddghost. I will give it a try.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking seat. Would like to see it installed.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got it installed yet?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:56 PM
ciacalsab
Advanced

Originally Posted by Black Bart
You got it installed yet?
I don't have it installed yet, just got home from work. Going to do our best this weekend to get it done. I will post pics for sure when it's on.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:46 AM
ciacalsab
Advanced

Originally Posted by maddghost

Hey Maddghost, I thank you and hubby thanks you. That was so simple, seat was on in two minutes. It saved alot of work. I will post new pics in a little while.