Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 09:23 PM
jerkstore
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT Question

I just bought some Vance and Hines Big radius pipes, SE Air Filter and a SERT. I understand the best way to calibrate the ECM is with a custom tune that uses a dyno, but does anyone have a similar set up and what canned calibration would fit on my bike? Eventually I will get that custom tune, but in the mean time, I just want something that will work without damaging my engine. Any information would be appreciated.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:18 PM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SERT Question

Ive got some maps i can send you that i have, the only difference is ive got the V&H BSS, any one of theses will be better that the stock map. PM me with your email address if you want me to send them.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:27 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well,.... If your unable to find a map for your specific setup, just use the standard map on the disk and run your bike for awhile and make note of anything that you would like to change or modify in the way it runs and then print up that big ole SERT manuel and its pretty simple to get it pretty close using the manuel. I tried using some maps that others were using and my bike ran a lil too rich,... so I just used the standard map for my bike and went in and slightly richened the low throttle position between 6%-20% to eliminate any low speed surging and my bike runs great. It would also be a good idea to check the plugs after you make your adjustments to see if its running rich or lean or just about right. I'm sure I could get mine dialed in a lil better with a Dyno tune but I figure its not really worth the added cost until I go with a 95" kit. And my fuel mileage is appx 42-45mpg,....so overall I'm pretty pleased. But if you have any questions PM me I'll be glad to help ya out,...as will many other SERT users on here.

John

Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 PM
jerkstore
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info and the maps. I should be checking it out this weekend when I get time. I will let you guys know. Thanks.