Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backpack Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:32 PM
mjelson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backpack Suggestions?

Looking to get a good backpack for my travels to/from part-time job. Anyone got any ideas on good brands, places to buy. Only thing I am looking for is to be sure it has some sort of reflective material for riding at night.

Last edited by mjelson; 06-13-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:11 PM
hellfrozeover
Advanced

I bought a 3pc cheap set from Ebay that is made from leather. It straps around the sissy bar and converts into a backpack if needed. Cheap price for all ($55 shipped) and somewhat cheap quality but works well. I use it to run errands, go to the gym and plan on using it for overnight travels since it should hold a couple days worth of cloths. I can post a link or a pic if needed, but no reflective trim and I also don't see a sissy bar on your bike.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 PM
sacto95827
Cruiser

I got this one first: http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sis.../dp/B003Z2ZSSE

It was a pretty good deal, but I didn't like how it didn't have a seperate laptop section in the backpack. So I ended up buying this one: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...c=45&zmap=3408

Way more expensive, but bigger and I get the seperation for my laptop I was looking for.

Good luck.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:19 PM
odd_child4life@hotmail.com
Tourer

i personally stick with a bag of any kind strapped to the rear fender/seat via cargo net that HD sells. i have a four hook and a six hook. seeing as how you have the stock rear turn signals you have an excellent place to strap down a duffel bag.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I carry one similar to this;

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com...ks/bandit-pack

It's the perfect size and it hugs your back so well that you forget it's there.

I think it has some reflective material. Mine does, but it's not the exact same model.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:46 PM
8blkfxdb
Advanced

I got mine at wally world (Wal-Mart). 16 bucks. Its got reflective piping, its big enough for a laptop, has a pocket for a water bladder, padding in all the right places, and hell I was even able to fashion a strap for the sissy bar out of the extra shoulder strap material hanging down.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the t-bags back pack cause it has straps, but I am not sure that it will work for you if you actually need to wear in while riding. I'm pretty sure you can get one that I think alpinestar has, but I could be wrong, I'm going from memory last summer I saw a sportbiker with a decent looking set up, he had a back pack that matched his black leather suit. Looked a little uncomfortable though, well it was a sport tourer I guess. Columbia makes packs for mountain bikers, check them out.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

I use a plain old messenger bag. A friend suggested trying one, and I found it worked better than a backpack and held more. Throw it over my shoulder and I'm off.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Best to try it on for fit; get a good suspension system. I like the padded photo/laptop backpacks supplied by LowePro, Tenba, Kata (a favorite: comfortable suspension system, padded lower section for cameras/lenses, unpadded upper section for jacket...). Don't worry about color; you can add reflective strips later. Too big is better than too small. Lots of pockets are good, but make sure it has enough space for a rain-suit ++. You might find something cheap on C/L or Big 5, but it's easier to go to a large store w/ great selection (REI).

Or just pickup some throw-over saddlebags.

Quick Reply: Backpack Suggestions?