Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel quick disconnect line

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 08:35 PM
pjhudson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel quick disconnect line

I've got a fuel leak coming from my QD which only leaks when the fuel pump is on/bike is running. Instead of buying a new line or check valve I'd like to look at the o-rings, but I'm not sure how many there should be. I see one on the check valve (installed on the tank) but none on the fuel line, the male part of the connection. I recently had the tank off so the line was disconnected; so I'm thinking an o-ring was damaged.

Anyone have any good info on the o-rings?

Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pjhudson
I've got a fuel leak coming from my QD which only leaks when the fuel pump is on/bike is running. Instead of buying a new line or check valve I'd like to look at the o-rings, but I'm not sure how many there should be. I see one on the check valve (installed on the tank) but none on the fuel line, the male part of the connection. I recently had the tank off so the line was disconnected; so I'm thinking an o-ring was damaged.

Check out Ronnie's Harley-Davidson. They have the parts finder that I most often use. Not knowing what year or model you have, I just looked up mine. I just saw one O-ring.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 AM
pjhudson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
Check out Ronnie's Harley-Davidson. They have the parts finder that I most often use. Not knowing what year or model you have, I just looked up mine. I just saw one O-ring.
Thanks for the reply. I believe that o-ring is sandwiched between the tank and check valve, not inside the check valve or QD. From what I've read HD doesn't sell just the o-ring(s), just the entire fuel line.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:33 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

According to an old post I read Harley will not sell you an o ring but rather the whole disconnect part. Pull the o ring and bring it to your local auto parts store and have them match it up. There is no reason to buy the whole part when all you need is an o ring.....

Old 07-04-2011, 04:25 PM
dynabobster
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pjhudson

Possibly torn, but the o-rings may just be dry and rolling over when installing the fitting and how they usually get torn. Might try using a light coat of silicone grease on the fitting and reinstalling it, good idea to do this each time you disconnect it to help keep them from tearing.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:16 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just took my torn O-rings to my local Ace hardware store and bought several replacements for my drain plugs and such since my Harbor Freight assortment didn't have the right sizes. I have gotten undersized and oversized O-rings to do in a pinch, but they always develop a leak.